Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

?Diode removal from Aixiz housings

I got one of my two out last night, but didn't really want to destroy the diode in the process. Any suggestions for getting them out of there? Is there a particular tool that anyone recommends? Perhaps for those little tiny holes? I used the butt of my xacto blade and whacked the bladeless tip with a screwdriver, but that smashed the diode to smithereens. When I tried to pry the diode out via the little divots or holes, it just broke the tip of the xacto blade I was using...

4 out of the 5 I have removed have been usable. I hammer them out using a PVC hex spacer (standoff), the type used with self tap screws to mount printed circuit boards.

I hope that helps

Regards rog8811

Skram0

I guess with Rog's idea you can drill out the end of the dowel to the size of the laser can. That way it fits perfectly over the LD but inside the housing hole to pop it out. Might not even need a c-clamp or vise.

If one had all the equipment, I guess one could sell them for a couple bucks. I wonder if there's any prefabricated products out there that fit the bill.

Yeah I have found that everyone is a bit different. Some only require a love tap to remove. But others seem like they will never come out. I use the back end of the xacto knife method.

Well I use a 16 penny nail and press to remove them. Works great and does not harm your diode. Glue a Piece of felt or something soft on the head of the nail though.