Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Diode part number cross reference or identification

fiveliter8

Hello all. I'm working on a 3D printer that requires a replacement 405nm 250mw diode. I have the diode out and the number on it are 5DJK 0050 0574 (google turns up nothing). The business end is 2.54mm diameter 2mm long tip to flange, 3.8mm around flange and 3.2mm overall end to end, 3 pin. I've preserved the original housing and lens, so hopefully I can get the printer back up and running without breaking the bank. Do the numbers make any sense to anyone? Also, what is everyone's trusted go-to for diodes? Worst-case, I will buy a pointer and gut the driver board. Thanks in advance,

AlexIMG_5490.jpg

fiveliter8

This is the correct size, 3.8mm, and single mode for a clean beam. This is capable of well over 250mW:
Thank you for the link. I did reach out to them and will likely just give it a try. I'm just curious if my diode (unknown specs) is presumably rated at 250mw, and I replace it with the 900mw rated one and it is operated at 250mw, will it net the same output? So, in other words, does a 250mw and 900mw diode operated at the same current output identically?

That diode from DTR isn't rated at 900 mW. That is just how much DTR has decided it can be overdriven without severely damaging the diode.

fiveliter8

That diode from DTR isn't rated at 900 mW. That is just how much DTR has decided it can be overdriven without severely damaging the diode.
Understood. I will just order it and see if it works in my application. Thank you. :)

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
The diode I suggested may be more efficient than the original; putting out a bit more power for the same current. If so you should be able to get faster print speeds.

These are stupid sensitive to ESD. The reverse voltage which will destroy the diode is actually lower than the forward voltage during normal operation. Use all ESD precautions when handling.

fiveliter8

The diode I suggested may be more efficient than the original; putting out a bit more power for the same current. If so you should be able to get faster print speeds.

These are stupid sensitive to ESD. The reverse voltage which will destroy the diode is actually lower than the forward voltage during normal operation. Use all ESD precautions when handling.
Success! I installed the diode into the printer's housing and rough adjusted the spot and getting near-perfect prints! Just have to tweak the lens just a tad bit more and we're back in business! Thank you for the info and suggestions!🍻