Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dino Direct Free Laser review

What do you think of this laser

• Awesome :p

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • it looks alright :)

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • its a piece of craP

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Who cares its a free laser :p

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

TTerbo

DINO DIRECT FREE LASER TRIAL
i got my free dino direct laser it took a total of 11 days to get to me here in australia from hong kong. there shipping was was good.
i emailed them about geting the laser into australian in 2 pieces they were very helful and told me they would ship tailcap seperatly and remove the stickers.
It arrived in one parcel! luckily it got to me :)
the laser uses cr123 batteries and it it case POSITIVE. meaning negative in first.
the laser has a visible beam slightly in daytime. and it is very visable in a dark room.
when it arrived the focusing lens was way unfocused? i dont know if i was some attempt to fool customs with a green torch :thinking: .
so i unscrewed the aperture and set the focus just rite. but there is a cluck load of rattling coming from that focusing nob.
it has a pretty sturdy belt clip that looks like you can remove with a little screw driver if you feel like it. It is in an Ultrafire Wf-502b host with a good solid tail clicky switch. Over all i think this laser is an alright green laser for a beginner for $28. i think it is around 40mW
well nuff said heres some pics

picture0055v.jpg

THIS IS A PIC OF THE GREEN LASER COMPARED TO MY LCC AND PHR

picture0056vc.jpg

AND ANOTHER ;)
picture0054p.jpg

AND ANOTHER :p
picture0053e.jpg

ALL BEAMS COMBINED :p
picture0052.jpg

THIS IS ALL THE BEAMS COMBINED :p
picture0051n.jpg

THE DOT STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX REALLY UNFOCUSED
picture0050l.jpg

THIS DOT IS FOCUSED(LOOKS THE SAME BUT ISNT)
picture0046.jpg

SIDE VIEW
picture0047c.jpg

FRONT VIEW
picture0048v.jpg

APERTURE REMOVED

Night beam shots and video to come.
EDITITS A MODE HOPPER GRRRR

Last edited:

TTerbo

when you cut open the packet there will be a little "free dino gift" if you get colourfull mud crystals dont accidently cut the packet and send 100's&1000's all over the floor :p
cheers

TTerbo

its getting really bad then stopping. yeah it has a good heatsink

Bad module, or perhaps it got damaged during shipping.

How long does it take before it starts to hop?

And does the module feel warm when it does hop?

TTerbo

nope.
dude its like all cheap pointers. they would be overrunning the dpss. if i can be bothered i will test the current and turn down the pot

Eh. Give them a chance. Or not.

Either way, it shouldn't mode-hop as badly as you make it out to be. How long before it starts mode-hopping?

TTerbo

10 seconds run time on bit underfocused and the beam will keep switching from an oval to a square really qucikly and about 15 times every 30 seconds. if you focus the laser rite it looks good. until ~40seconds the laser will shut off. turn on get a fat beam then go back to normal :(
cheers

Shutting off by itself can't be good.

We'll see what the other torches do- hope theirs don't mode-hop that badly.

Nice review :gj:
For ~$30, it sounds like a good deal

the laser uses cr123 batteries and it it case negative. meaning negative in first.
Doesn't case negative mean positive goes in first? i.e. negative side to the tail cap?

EDIT: About the mode hopping, have you tried warming it up?

TTerbo

nar its not very good laser but its alrite for 30 buks. and i meant to say positive in first thanks for correcting

Even for the price, it'd be hard to recommend something that either mode-hops or cuts out intermittantly.