Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

dick heads !!!!!

i was riding home on my bike (peddle bike) last night with my girl friend when some dick shined a green laser at us..... it wasnt all that of a laser no beam just a dot but if it hit us in the face or eyes we could of easy fell off. i was so mad that it nearly hit my girl friend... if i ever find out how it was they know what its like to be hit with a proper laser.... or hid 4000 flash light

:lasergun:

i was riding home on my bike (peddle bike) last night with my girl friend when some dick shined a green laser at us..... it wasnt all that of a laser no beam just a dot but if it hit us in the face or eyes we could of easy fell off. i was so mad that it nearly hit my girl friend... if i ever find out how it was they know what its like to be hit with a proper laser.... or hid 4000 flash light

:lasergun:

Shining a Laser at him will not solve anything, Other than Piss him off and make him do it again, Or worse yet get a bigger laser like the one "that was shined at him" And do even dumber things.

Why would your 1st reaction be "to get a better one and do it back at him"??

Thats the same mentality he had when shine it at you.

Shining a Laser at him will not solve anything, Other than Piss him off and make him do it again, Or worse yet get a bigger laser like the one "that was shined at him" And do even dumber things.

Why would your 1st reaction be "to get a better one and do it back at him"??

Thats the same mentality he had when shine it at you.

tbh i wouldnt shine a laser back at them as i know better.. i wouldnt of been so mad if it was just me but it was at my girlfriend..... it lookd like it came from a car so i take it they wear just driving around shine it at people....

tbh i wouldnt shine a laser back at them as i know better.. i wouldnt of been so mad if it was just me but it was at my girlfriend..... it lookd like it came from a car so i take it they wear just driving around shine it at people....

What country do you live in?

These Idiots I can't believe this crap, every Day another one

i live in the uk. just that we were on the road and as you prob can work out.. laser hits eyes, you fall off under car = not good

i live in the uk. just that we were on the road and as you prob can work out.. laser hits eyes, you fall off under car = not good

I don't get these Idiots. They are really Harming people and like you point out can cause some serious accident or Death. This is starting to happen more and more. These people shouldn't be Alive, We need to figure out the idiot DNA code and test people and just toss them in the garbage when there born I'm sorry this is just retarded. That was a little much but this is really Stupid.

thinking on it i should of reported it to the police as they might of done it b4 or still doing and other ppl might of rang the police to report it...

thinking on it i should of reported it to the police as they might of done it b4 or still doing and other ppl might of rang the police to report it...

Yeah When I have anything happen in a car I record the license plates. You could of got em back really easy. And they wouldn't know it was you, just tell the cops you don't want to me mention and be anonymous

true.. well lets hope it doesnt happene again. thats twice within a year and a half ive had a laser shined at me... once on my bike and once when i was driving home and they shined it in my mirrors from behind :/

itsmei

Yesterday a person from my school brought in a 100mW green laser and was shining it at people and trying to burn hairs off there face, he was crazy. Luckily a teacher found him and took it away from him. I just don't think people realise how dangeous lasers are, you wouldn't take a gun to school so why take a 100mW laser into school.

Absoloutly Stupid.

DrSid

Why take 100mW when there are 2W handhelds around ? And who knows what will come next !
Moral of the story ? Never walk out without good multiwavelength protection glasses.

Why take 100mW when there are 2W handhelds around ? And who knows what will come next !
Moral of the story ? Never walk out without good multiwavelength protection glasses.

-_- Seriously you expect all of us to walk wearing our laser goggles? :whistle:

umss

I think reporting to the police is likely to give the general opinion that all lasers are dangerous and therefore they should just be banned. Police won't ban over 100mW because they won't want to check so they would just be banned altogether.
However, I do agree the person who shined it is stupid. Luckily you were not harmed.
If you ever do find out who did it, shining a laser back at them would be re inforcing the idea that "lasers are dangerous and will / can be used as weapons. They should be banned"
Currently, we are lucky in the UK to not really have issues with lasers and customs, please don't contribute to ruining that.

Last edited:
Yeah facing individuals who misuse lasers is the best option. News are spread very fast across the globe so one small incident to one country might cause the ban of all lazors in another country.

umss

Yeah. Also, if someone with authority sees this thread and seeing that a laser user is thinking of shining a laser back at them it will give us a bad name. It's better we are seen as sensible and offering safe advice,do you not think?

DrSid

Well since people are idiots, maybe the lasers SHOULD be banned ..