Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dichroic colour mixing

The amber colored one is really cool. You could alternate colors in real time by blocking one of the beams (completely or partially) before it hits the beam splitter - just a thought.

I haven't thought about this before, but what if you hooked up a high-speed motor to a potentiometer to give you control of speed and attach to the motor a disc with a window cut in it to allow only a portion of the beam through. If it went faster than 100 RPM or so, we probably wouldn't detect much "blinking" of the beam, but it may give you a way to alter the beam color on the fly

SenKat said:
Sweet scanner setup - is that still that little one you bought for like $40.00 ???
Sure is Greg ;D and thanks for the comments and feedback, it makes it all worthwhile.

Steve. That is a pretty interesting idea, I have not thought of mixing like that before, the green I use is variable power and controlled via an external PSU to make the various colours. Its amazing how much the green will totally over power the red if not used in moderation.

Jason

S

SenKat

They are sold Stateside at Spencer's gifts, and on a website called : www.thingsyouneverknewexisted.com and also on ebay for maybe around $30.00 shipped - nice little scanner setups - they have a programed set of graphics they put out, or you can set it to respond to music.

T

timelord

I'm after some pots to use on a project i'm cooking up. Where in the UK is the best to buy them preferably online Jase ;)

Cheers Jase :)

I erm "Borrowed" a couple , from work ;D They are 0-5k ohm. We get most of our stuff from RS Componants. I am not sure if it is trade only, but next day delivery is Guaranteed in the UK. Failing that try Maplins or Tandy / Radioshack.

Jase

http://rswww.com

www.Maplin.co.uk

T

timelord

Thanks for that Jase i will have a little look, i forgot about maplin and silly of me to forget as i do use them for some camera stuff ie tripods for the lasers ;)

Attachments

• S1030652_640x480_002.JPG
    S1030652_640x480_002.JPG
    244.4 KB · Views: 111

Things

oh, i have two laser shows but not for $40 :mad:

i have a 5mw red laser show, and a 10mw green laser show. but boy were they expensive ;D