Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

delays with Australia post?

hi,
several weeks ago (3-5 weeks) i bought a couple of packages (from hightechdealz, the UK and hong kong) and none have arrived yet. usually post takes 2 weeks max to get here. i am inclined to believe that my packages have been delayed, because they couldn't all have been lost....:undecided: Im thinking it could possibly have been because of mothers day maybe but i don't think that would have slowed the post down that much.

Has anyone else in Australia experienced any delays lately or got any explanation?

Thanks, Hugo.

jnrpop

Hi hugo, nope post is as fast and safe as ever...haha un-likely but its good, just recieved a package from daguin and it was pretty quick. Good luck

SpikeD

It would help determine the problem if you gave us a clue as to what the packages contained. Australia has very strict laws regarding the import of lasers.

Seb

yes i know, ive got enough lasers to know about the laws SpikeD ;) thanks jnrpop, hopefully they come in soon, i might try ringing up the post later

Nope no probs here... sent a package (within Australia) got to the person in 2 days. Also got a few packages from Hong Kong... and all in the expected time frame (7-9 days).

Things

I've noticed mail from the UK is usually pretty slow. Well, the "first class" mail anyway.

I haven't ordered anything in a while, but once I had a package which took 3 months to travel from America :|
Packages from Hong Kong usually take about 2 weeks for me though.

If you don't mind me asking... out of curiosity, where do you live?

wow earlier i rang up the post office and asked them if they'd got any thing of mine as they hadn't notified me. turns out that yes they did and had forgotten to notify me (they usually leave a slip in your post box or ring you). anyway it was just my UK parcel, god knows how long its been there :wtf:... still waiting on the hong kong and hightechdealz packages though :undecided:

The posties in my area are inherantly lazy. I sat at home one day waiting for an important parcel, didnt come all day. Went to check the mail, there was a slip saying "sorry, we missed you!"

bs, lazy postman cbf getting off his bike and giving me my package

ok forgot to post about this, and thought i should in case anyone was wondering what happened. note there are no delays with post. 2 days ago my hong kong package arrived and on it was marked the wrong postal box number, with mine scribbled over it:wtf: apparently someone stuffed up AGAIN and it had been put in another persons box and i only just got it(even though DX marks the number on the package).

Also my hightechdealz came today :D no signs of the postman stuffing up a 3rd time (so i guess it was just delayed- possibly in customs i think they are watching me because of some lasers i got confiscated :eg:).
Hugo.