Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Debating laser purchase. need help

AMR91

Hi, im new to the forum and have been looking at high powered lasers for a few weeks now. This will be my first high powered green laser purchase and i cant figure out what to buy. My price range is around 200$ usd. So far the DL95 and nova x105 have interested me. I want a laser that can burn ballons, light matches (all that fun stuff), and be somewhat visible during the day.

Also I live in the USA (California) and i read some other posts about the US customs confiscating some lasers. Would that be a problem purchising from any of these companies?

One more question, Do i absolutly need to purchase IR glasses for these high powered lasers?

Please recommend other lasers if you have any other ideas. :)

Tnanks

S

SenKat

With a price range of 200 - you SHOULD get an extra $50 and get some 532nm goggles to stay safest.

Go NOVA - GREAT customer satisfaction...good prices, and a 5% discount for being a forum member - warp5 <----type that in the discount code section to get a discount. :)

And they have shiny cases, too ;D

AMR91

thanks, that sounds pretty convincing to buy.

how is the burning power and visibility during the day/night on the nova x105.
I know on there website it says the x105's burning capability but i was wondering if anyone knows firsthand how it is.

Again to you think there will be a problem the US customs or anything while shipping?

S

SenKat

I have not had any issues with three orders from NOVA so far. Check in the companies and reviews section for pics and vids of my X-85....the 105 is BETTER ! :p

You are going to see the beam REALLY well at night and even in lower light conditions, and the dot is going to be REALLY bright (You're gonna want some goggles with that) but look on youtube for "X105 laser" and there are a few great videos on the burning power of it. Most likely nothing will happen at custioms, and if somehow the laser get's confiscated NOVA will send you another one for free.

AMR91

ahhh man, I just saw that nova lasers does NOT accept paypal. And it would take forever to mail them a check or money order because its located in Canada. Dang!!! So now i have now idea what im gonna do. I really wanted that laser.

Anybody have any ideas or have a laser pointer like that to sell???

Kenom

or you can go to your local walmart and buy a prepaid credit card to make your purchase. I just put $100 on a card and it worked great for buying my laser. of course it cost me an extra $8.95 to do it.

AMR91

do you think they make the pre paid credit cards that are like 220$ beacause thats how much the laser costs?

AMR91 said:
do you think they make the pre paid credit cards that are like 220$ beacause thats how much the laser costs?

I see them in $25, 50 and 100 at local stores. There may some larger (either 200 or 250, and 500) increments, but I'm not sure.

Kenom

if you get it at walmart you can get it at any size you want I think up to $500 The amount of money you put on it is up to you. if you wanna put $.01 you probably could anywhere up to $499.99 or $500