Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dealextreme now selling drivers

• Thread starter Deleted member 8382
  • Start date

That's cool, are you running the 445nm laser diode with these? What size output cap are you using? Is it a SMD or standard sized cap?

For the 445 I made a LM317 based one (for a labby) but i am going to a LM350K for more stability/heatsinking. Used the 350ma pill on a handheld led, caps used were normal 16v/10microf I had around. Never had a issue, the cap is for the possible spikes, never a bad idea. For the 1A pill I used resistors to reduce current, (on a BR build) and if you want more, in the DX forum you can even find how to modify the pill's sensor resistor to change the current. The boost pill were used for CR123A BR builds for 3 friends, none of them have had any issue since I gave them, 5 or 6 months.

edit: Remember, ALWAYS check output with a test load, some of them could be bad, and the laser diodes are not cheap.

Last edited:
FYI, the amc7135 drivers don't use a sense resistor as they are not a switch mode driver. They are simply a linear driver, approx 350mA per 7135. So, you can easily de-solder one and make a 700mA linear driver on that one amp model. I understand some of the Taiwanese 7135 vs the Chinese IC may only allow ~305mA per, but I haven't experienced that first hand.

All that has is a diode for reverse polarity protection.

Got mine today...

I started by testing the SKU 42745, the 900mA one. Unfortunately, something is going on, the laser flashes, about twice per second, it is not a continuous emission. The emission has an average of 89mW (using Kenom's meter :yh:)

I will check the actual voltage and current in a few minutes.

Any ideas what is going on? Any suggestions?

I double checked all the connections, everything looks a-OK.

Thanks!

The chinese driver states 10-12 VDC.

This is too narrow a voltage range for a constant current driver.

It may not be constant current at all.

LarryDFW