Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dealextreme now selling drivers

• Thread starter Deleted member 8382
  • Start date

Trevor

The last one looks promising, though if I remember correctly these may not have enough oats to power the red LED's from the Casio projectors? I'll have to go find that thread...

Great find.

-Trevor

I think if they were adjustable... they would sell like hot cakes...

Jerry

The PhlatLight is optimal at ~8A, max of 13A, but these are indeed a nice find, +1.

Edit:^@twhite828

thing about the phlatlight is that it is a single LED, so low Vf and high current needed. Many smaller (but high-power) LEDs in series would be better use of these drivers.

Still, nice to know that, along with recessed lighting retrofit kits, they sell drivers for the things too.

D

Deleted member 8382

A resistor will solve that problem easily, won't it?

Thanks +1

Wouldn't the diode/load draw its own voltage, assuming the current is constant?

I think for a few of those drivers, the lower range on the output voltage is still on the high side. Personally I've not used more than a boost converter for LED with AA or a ldo linear for LED with Li-Ion

^ yes, but those are drivers made to go inside flashlights, the ones hallucynogenyc
linked can be run off the mains voltage, good for things like labby style lasers.

Those newest mains drivers are the highest wattage ones they have, but not the only ones. I have a 6 led kitchen light running for 8 months now from DX parts. They have quite a few others as well. Not that I don't appreciate them being pointed out, I just thought the thread title was a bit funny.

Got mine today...

I started by testing the SKU 42745, the 900mA one. Unfortunately, something is going on, the laser flashes, about twice per second, it is not a continuous emission. The emission has an average of 89mW (using Kenom's meter :yh:)

I will check the actual voltage and current in a few minutes.

Any ideas what is going on? Any suggestions?

I double checked all the connections, everything looks a-OK.

Thanks!

P.S.
I placed the question in DX too.

Last edited: