Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DealExtreme New Flashlight Style Green Lasers

Hey guys I was just looking around DX and I found these on their new products page:

Flashlight Style Green Laser - 100/150/200mW Factory Pot Modded (CR123A Included)

(details taken from 100mW model)
- Factory pre-pot modded: this laser is pre-pot modded from a 50mW unit at the manufacturer's factory. DX is listing this item per customer requests (as it's cheap and powerful).
- Note: pictures are shared from the 50mW laser product as the lasers look identical to each other.
- Flashlight-like form factor
- 100mW green laser
- Powered by 1 x 3.6V CR123A battery (included)
- Non-Focusable head design
- Side on/off switch

100mW: $38.43
150mW: $80.09
200mW: $118.00

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13446
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13447
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13448

Who's gonna try one first?

Benm

Looks like its basically this one.. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12595
The 100 mW is the same price as that 50 mW, and only the color of the button seems different.

I guess that at $38 its a bargain if it really delivers 50 mW, but i have serious doubts about much more. They might bin them at the factory, but getting some 4x over intende power seems like a long stretch.

Benm said:
Looks like its basically this one.. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12595
The 100 mW is the same price as that 50 mW, and only the color of the button seems different.

I guess that at $38 its a bargain if it really delivers 50 mW, but i have serious doubts about much more. They might bin them at the factory, but getting some 4x over intende power seems like a long stretch.
If you read each lasers' descriptions it says 50 pot mod to 100, 100->150, 150->200, so it's not really x4 :p but then again i don't think they really output what they say...

might be getting the 100mw soon

nikokapo said:
i'd get the original 50mW and try to correctly pot mod it..
They're the same price anyway... so you could still play with that 100mw's pot (probably maxed out tho), i guess this one is just for people who don't want to mess inside their lasers.

The price is very low for such high powered green baton style lasers. But as john pointed out, I wouldn't fire a 200mW green up without a proper IR filter, either built-in in the laser or with a pair of goggles that block green + IR.

well, after alot of reading i finally placed an order at dx, I got the 200mW red burner (kinda seems like everyone has to start with this one haha) anyway i ordered the 30mW green cr2 aswell because i didnt want to buy 2 types of batteries...anyway that one has been on back order for a week and seems to be on back order for another week so i saw this one and for 10 bucks more its alot more powerful...so heres the question do i cancel the order for the 30mW cr2 and go for this one?
any help would be great
thanks

Razako

golfsk8er said:
well, after alot of reading i finally placed an order at dx, I got the 200mW red burner (kinda seems like everyone has to start with this one haha) anyway i ordered the 30mW green cr2 aswell because i didnt want to buy 2 types of batteries...anyway that one has been on back order for a week and seems to be on back order for another week so i saw this one and for 10 bucks more its alot more powerful...so heres the question do i cancel the order for the 30mW cr2 and go for this one?
any help would be great
thanks
Depends on if you want to wait longer for the proven laser that takes cr2's or take a chance with an untested new laser. Also you will need to buy rcr123 batteries and a charger if you want to change your order.

True enough...and by the sounds of people on this site the 30mW cr2 green is a solid laser? what i might do is canel the order and then split up the order of the 200mW red and the batteries so it can ship sooner and then whenever the green gets instock it will ship then...

golfsk8er said:
True enough...and by the sounds of people on this site the 30mW cr2 green is a solid laser? what i might do is canel the order and then split up the order of the 200mW red and the batteries so it can ship sooner and then whenever the green gets instock it will ship then...
Dx will ship items separately as they become available (usually), so i think there's no need to cancel your order if you want to keep these lasers.