Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dead 30mw green from ebay

I couldn't resist it, I saw a basic green scanner being auctioned on ebay, seller said that the laser was not working, I thought it worth a punt :)
I picked it up for £30 ($60) thinking I could use it for parts....well within 20 minutes of getting it into my workshop I had a 70mw DX red labbie fitted @ £9 ($18). I have got to say for what it is and what it cost it is very good.  It has 100's of preprogramed patterns and a mic input.

I have had a quick look at the green module, the open can IR is working, I may have it all to pieces and see if anything can be done to resurect it, doubtful I know, but you have to play don't you?

I posted this mainly because I have seen various non working scanners advertised over the last few months and it shows it is possible to get a working scanner nice and cheaply.

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• scanner01.jpg
    scanner01.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 79

sounds like a bad or misaligned MCA then, who knows it may just need some fiddling to get it working again :)

who knows it may just need some fiddling to get it working again
It would be nice to think so;)
I did try turning the IR LD housing in the heat sink to see if it would give any light... I think it will be a complete strip down. It will make a change from tearing DX modules appart.

Regards rog8811