Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DarkArmyOfOne's LASER SALE! Complete Lasers Shipped World-wide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well right now he has my panasonic 8x and my LG 8x in his hands so , im not sure which 8x

i think he meant the sf-aw210 6x-like diode..

Dalorian - 280mA "GREAT idea btw" will out put the following, but it may varry slightly, as he is using an SF- 8x, and yours is the better GGW diode from pioneer.

Dark

280mA on a 6X??? Even if he miss typed it sill makes no sense.

I'll pray for your freak Jay. :bowdown: May it rest in pieces. :yabbem:

jayrob

May it rest in pieces. :yabbem:

:crackup: ... Ha ha! That's funny...

It's in pieces alright, but it was nice while it lasted. I was bummed, but got over it really quick with my 8X build! :)

It's always a bummer to loose a nice powered diode, but since the sled was a gift (from Greg - Stonetek), it did not hurt so bad.

I felt much more pain when I killed my very first 6X on the harvest with a fluke mistake before I even got to power it up. OUCH! That was nearly $300 bucks down the drain. Plus I had to go buy another...
Jay

Last edited:
First thanks! Second that should be a sticky. And holy shit 255mA and 420mw? That one guy has a crazy diode. I searched quickly but didn't find anything, I'm guessing that drive is crazy expensive for such a good diode.

With all these people going so high 350mw at 270mA doesn't sound bad at all! If I need more power Dark can always get me a 12x in a Kryton beast when they come out :)

it'l be a while on the 12x lol.

Most of the BDR builds are giving the same power if you look at the graph. It looks like around 275mA's will be in the 350mW neighborhood with my 405-G-1 glass lens mod...
Jay

I dunno J.... remember my newest BDR at 297mA with 405-G1 lens ='ed 408mW's!!!!!!!! but maybe i was lucky...

Check out Daguins diode..... i bet he could sell that build for 600+

All the BDR diodes come from the same burner. the pioneer BDR-203 "or close to that correct me if im wrong J"

BUT the reason there is so many different results, it that when diodes are manufactured, its is a VERY delicate micro assembly so complicated i cant even begin to explain it. but my point is! since the production of diodes is so sensitive "at least the BDR" they varry in efficiency. you might get an 8x diode that outputs 390mW's @ 280mA with a 405-G1.

Jayrob may be able to better word this than I,

Dark Lasers

Last edited:

I dunno J.... remember my newest BDR at 297mA with 405-G1 lens ='ed 408mW's!!!!!!!! but maybe i was lucky...

All the BDR diodes come from the same burner. the pioneer BDR-203 "or close to that correct me if im wrong J"

BUT the reason there is so many different results, it that when diodes are manufactured, its is a VERY delicate micro assembly so complicated i cant even begin to explain it. but my point is! since the production of diodes is so sensitive "at least the BDR" they varry in efficiency. you might get an 8x diode that outputs 390mW's @ 280mA with a 405-G1.

Dark Lasers

I am curious, to what power is my laser set to? Is it a safe value?

jayrob

Dark Lasers

Dave's is a Hotter diode...

You will get diodes with more or less efficiency, but if you look at the graph, most of the BDR builds are giving the same graph line:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/pioneer-8x-blu-ray-203-a-36790-16.html#post501020

So we can figure the average power expectancy from there.

Possibly, the driver may also come into play with a diode with such high forward voltage. The custom DDL driver that I made for Dave is using a 1/2 watt pot. This will give 400mA's with plenty of voltage to spare in his set up...
http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/pioneer-8x-blu-ray-bdr-203-a-36790-5.html#post500740
Jay

Last edited:
270 for me final answer. And dark you should maybe place orders for the Beast, maybeeeee if you want for your website. I bet they'd be snatched up quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.