Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

dang if the "diy coat hanger hd antenna" on utube isn't a hit . . .

boscoj

had this through window scanner antenna (without an outside antenna) that gave me about 8 channels OTA . . .

P1000282.JPG

Busted open to see the bits . . . 1 meter of wire looks like . . .

P1000283.JPG

6 coat hangers and about 2 hours of rummaging and labour . . .

P1000288.JPG

Now I get 45 . . ! OTA . . .

P1000286.JPG

Last edited:

Kulhu

Pretty cool, i have cable but ill keep thiss in mind if i ever need it.

Things

I dunno how it isn't legal, it's not tapping into mains power or anything.

I've built one of these before, but it didn't work for me. Then again, it was a 10 minute job :p

Is that legal? :thinking:
Of course it is Legal... It is Over The Air Free broadcasts..
The signal is not unscrambled by a special receiver from
a subscription... It is just regular local TV..

Jerry

Wow thats awesome. Wasnt cable broadcasting supposed to be terminated a couple of months back?

Wow thats awesome. Wasnt cable broadcasting supposed to be terminated a couple of months back?

Wat? :|

Maybe you mean analog broadcasts? That was supposed to cease over a year ago, but the deadline got pushed back several times because the US fed.gov/FCC decided that people weren't "ready" enough.

Cable all carried on as it did before, they're all their own private-run systems and work as they see fit. Although most were digital or partially digital well beforehand.

boscoj,

What is the design philosophy behind the antenna , and element sizes and their spacing etc.? Is this a representation of a certain type? I know there's names like "Yagi" and "ground plane", "loops" etc. but I'm not a HAM/radio guy so am not really up on all of that.