Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Damn, thats one powerful Nexus..

Things

hahaha he has no idea what he is talking about!! he says there is some ir coming out!! red lasers don't have IR!!!!! well not these ones anyway! ;D ;D ;D

Rasel

@ ^: What? I don't think you are looking at the right thing. It was a Nexus in that testimonial which is a green laser.

At this whole topic, the lasers WL used to sell could wield some pretty insane results. I believe it was Athoul of the LC that had a "15mW" that output around 150mW. Now that case is somewhat different, seeing that those lasers where extremely underdriven and therefore could make it that far. The other CNIs could results like that as well.

Here is the testimonial:
I received my Nexus this morning! I did not expect it to arrive so soon!! I cannot wait to hook it up to our Anritsu optical power meter and see what this would do. Here are the initial results: Initial Power: 203.21mW, 15 Seconds Power: 197.86mW, 30 Seconds Power: 189.23mW, 60 Seconds Power: 147.86mW I have not been able to measure current draw or temperature yet, but will shortly. There was a spike of 808nm present, so the IR filter may not be blocking all the 808nm. After 2 minutes of runtime, the laser was quite warm, and I didn't want to push it any further without a suitable heat sink. The frequency was quite stable over the 2 minute test. I think with a good TEC and heat sink, you could stabilize it at 532nm. I will see what temp is at during the 30 second mark where the WL is at 532nm. This would be the temp you want the TEC set to. Also, this should stabilize the output power somewhere around 180mW. This definitely does what you say it will. Very impressive at an unbelievable price. People could spend hundreds of dollars on many Leadlights, modify them and still not have power like the Nexus. Will you be selling any Laser Display units in the future? I know there are several manufactures in China that produce many types of Laser display units at great prices. It might be another avenue for Wicked Lasers to go down. Thanks again for such a Wicked product. Christopher Felton Hardware Engineer Systems Integration Division Science Applications International Corporation

Christopher Felton

I also like the part that says that 1 percent of every order goes to victims of hurricane wilma!

laserterd said:
I also like the part that says that 1 percent of every order goes to victims of hurricane wilma!

I WANT MY MONEY!

Signed,
A Hurricane Wilma Victim