Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Damaged laser pointer collimating lens (532nm Laser 303)

LuMarans30

Hello everyone,

I've accidentally damaged the acrylic collimation lens of my 532 nm Laser 303.
While searching for a replacement, I came across a forum thread entitled "Here is a little tip for anyone with a 303 type laser with lens problems" (sorry I can't share any links yet) mentioning that the lens has an M8 thread with a depth of 5 mm.
Despite searching on Google for hours, I've been unable to locate any products on AliExpress or eBay that match these specifications.

I'm wondering if using an M9 thread with the same depth could be a suitable replacement, considering its more common availability.
Alternatively, could any Laser 303 owners recommend me a compatible lens?

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my message.

Attachments

• IMG_20230822_183438.jpg
    IMG_20230822_183438.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 7

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Never seen a '303 made of plastic before. Looks like a little more than just the lens got jacked up.

Just get a new one. That'll cost you less than a good quality lens. Better yet, spend a few more dollars and get a good laser from Sanwu or another builder.

LuMarans30

Never seen a '303 made of plastic before. Looks like a little more than just the lens got jacked up.

Just get a new one. That'll cost you less than a good quality lens. Better yet, spend a few more dollars and get a good laser from Sanwu or another builder.
Thanks! I damaged it after trying to glue an IR cut filter above the lens. This time I will buy a proper laser pointer with a pre installed IR filter from Sanwu. Also I will never try again to dissolve super glue from a plastic surface using acetone. 😂

Since joining this hobby 15 years ago, I have learned awe Sh*t the stupid way like many others. If you want something in particular then have a pro do it. It costs less in the long run.