Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cylinder lens not clean

i got it from CD beam, maybe some employees have opened to check and that's why they are dirty, i need help from you, especially those who have ever dealt with this before

You could blow off with air then use optical cleaning papers with reagent grade alcohol or acetone. Try not to scrub the surface. Usually I lay the cleaning paper on the surface then wet it with the solvent. Next, slowly drag the paper off the surface. Only use that area of the paper once. Optic cleaning paper can usually be found at camera shops.

Another way is to use sterile swabs. Wet the swab with the solvent then with a rotating motion of the swab drag it across the surface. The idea is to turn the tip while its moving across the surface so debris dont scratch it.

The best method is to use "first contact" optics cleaner. Its stupid expensive. This guy has it in small quantities for a good price.

Mostly I keep them wrapped up and clean until installation but when needed I have been using these and if a c-lens has a bad spot/scratch I raise or lower it/flip it over and use a good area if possible.

Last edited:
Mostly I keep them wrapped up and clean until installation but when needed I have been using these and if a c-lens has a bad spot/scratch I raise or lower it/flip it over and use a good area if possible.

Thank all for help,i will make it clean,RCB's idea is the same as mine, but it's just a temporary solution