Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CUSTOMS

Switch

Amnizu said:
Customs in the UK is the only agency that has the right to enter and search your home at any time without your knowledge, consent, or a warrant.
That's bullcr@p! That's a huge violation of human rights.So if I become a UK Customs officer I can barge in in people's homes to my pleasing, and all I have to do is make up some lame excuse? :-/

that sounds about right. its a gay law if your local cops are dicks. but they normally don't do anything as crazy as that. after all, i did live there for like 5 years. but now that im in Florida, life could never get better :cool:

Amnizu

Switch said:
[quote author=Amnizu link=1206102314/15#29 date=1206313478]Customs in the UK is the only agency that has the right to enter and search your home at any time without your knowledge, consent, or a warrant.
That's bullcr@p! That's a huge violation of human rights.So if I become a UK Customs officer I can barge in in people's homes to my pleasing, and all I have to do is make up some lame excuse? :-/[/quote]

If you don't like it, don't live in the UK?

tomcat

Switch said:
How come they don't know your address? :-?

bobobob121 said:
wait..yea..don't they just have to look at your package? :-/

is humor lost on you!?!?

@ azimunu im sure they have to get a warrant unless its a emergency situation (terrorism)
but alkl they have to do is be nice to a judge and he will approve it quite quick

Entity

Sorry, but I have to ask this again because I will be ordering shortly:

If I order $1500 worth of stuff from Nova lasers do you think I will have to pay anything to get it into the US? Has anyone ever had to pay customs that lives in the US for Nova lasers?

Amnizu

tomcat said:
[quote author=Switch link=1206102314/15#26 date=1206311080]How come they don't know your address? :-?

bobobob121 said:
wait..yea..don't they just have to look at your package? :-/

is humor lost on you!?!?

@ azimunu im sure they have to get a warrant unless its a emergency situation (terrorism)
but alkl they have to do is be nice to a judge and he will approve it quite quick

[/quote]

A M N I Z U it's right on the screen in front of you how could you possibly fuck it up that badly?

No, they don't. They don't need your knowledge, consent or permission to search your or anyone else's premises.

Switch said:
[quote author=Amnizu link=1206102314/15#29 date=1206313478]Customs in the UK is the only agency that has the right to enter and search your home at any time without your knowledge, consent, or a warrant.
That's bullcr@p! That's a huge violation of human rights.So if I become a UK Customs officer I can barge in in people's homes to my pleasing, and all I have to do is make up some lame excuse? :-/[/quote]

Wouldn't surprise me seeing as your every move in public is being followed by a fucking video camera 24/7.

Razako

I don't have anything against the people living in the UK but that is one seriously messed up country. Every single thing they do is recorded on camera and now I hear that customs can randomly search people whenever they feel like it.

Razako

Entity said:
Sorry, but I have to ask this again because I will be ordering shortly:

If I order $1500 worth of stuff from Nova lasers do you think I will have to pay anything to get it into the US? Has anyone ever had to pay customs that lives in the US for Nova lasers?
You should be fine if you live in the US. I can't recall anyone living here that had problems with nova and customs.

Amnizu

Razako said:
I don't have anything against the people living in the UK but that is one seriously messed up country. Every single thing they do is recorded on camera and now I hear that customs can randomly search people whenever they feel like it.

Hate to break it to you, but the PATRIOT act lets the US government do the same thing. They could wait till you leave, waltz into your house, go through all your shit, take pictures and whatnot and be gone before you left. You'd never even know they were there.

Razako

Amnizu said:
[quote author=Razako link=1206102314/30#40 date=1206342862]I don't have anything against the people living in the UK but that is one seriously messed up country. Every single thing they do is recorded on camera and now I hear that customs can randomly search people whenever they feel like it.

Hate to break it to you, but the PATRIOT act lets the US government do the same thing. They could wait till you leave, waltz into your house, go through all your shit, take pictures and whatnot and be gone before you left. You'd never even know they were there. [/quote]
I think that only applies to suspected terrorists. Most non-Muslim people who don't have odd ties to terror organizations probably don't need to worry too much about it. I do agree that people in the USA are losing their freedom fast thanks to GWB and the paranoid idiots. Plenty of legit citizens have been put on the no fly list and other terror watch lists for all kinds of stupid reasons.

Amnizu

Razako said:
[quote author=Amnizu link=1206102314/30#42 date=1206346598][quote author=Razako link=1206102314/30#40 date=1206342862]I don't have anything against the people living in the UK but that is one seriously messed up country. Every single thing they do is recorded on camera and now I hear that customs can randomly search people whenever they feel like it.

Hate to break it to you, but the PATRIOT act lets the US government do the same thing. They could wait till you leave, waltz into your house, go through all your shit, take pictures and whatnot and be gone before you left. You'd never even know they were there. [/quote]
I think that only applies to suspected terrorists. Most non-Muslim people who don't have odd ties to terror organizations probably don't need to worry too much about it. I do agree that people in the USA are losing their freedom fast thanks to GWB and the paranoid idiots. Plenty of legit citizens have been put on the no fly list and other terror watch lists for all kinds of stupid reasons.[/quote]

Yeah, and all they have to do is claim you're a suspected terrorist.

Switch

is humor lost on you!?!?
I'm sorry , but that totaly sounds like something someone will totaly do, so I didn't take it as a joke. :p I thought you found a loop hole.
Oh btw, I think there's no drinking age in the UK(I think).

murrat

It costed me $450 if anyone want to know :(
I will have it sent to someone in canada next time and tell him or her to send me with a value less than € 100 on waybill ;)

that would be a good idea. and i cant wait, once i get my annual bonus this week im going to buy my X-100 :)