Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CUSTOMS

murrat

MarioMaster said:
i think all you have to do is mark it as a defective product with a value of like $1, that way you don't have to pay taxes
It is not me to do that, it is the company selling it has to do it :)

murrat

Amnizu said:
I don't have to worry about customs for Laserglow, cause I live in the same country they operate in :D

Next time I'll ask you to purchase it and ship it to me by marking it with a value of $10 ::)

Amnizu

murrat said:
[quote author=Amnizu link=1206102314/15#15 date=1206128173]I don't have to worry about customs for Laserglow, cause I live in the same country they operate in :D

Next time I'll ask you to purchase it and ship it to me by marking it with a value of $10 ::)
[/quote]

If you're serious, I actually wouldn't mind doing this for you. As long as I can play with whatever you ordered first :p

Kidding.

Kind of.

when i bought my Orion from laserglow, they declared full price on the unit, which hit me with a $140 customs charge which i didnt appreciate especially considering i had to return the laser within 5 days due to it being defective upon arrival.
what i do know is when ordering from optotronics, jack marks it as a flashlight with a value under $100 - which means ive not had to pay any customs charges both times i ordered from there :)

Razako

bobobob121 said:
does anyone ever have problems with shipping into the US?
None at all. I have bought lots of stuff from dx/kai/wicked/laserglow/nova and all of it has gotten safely to my door with no customs charges/fees/confiscations/other.

geek

bobobob121 said:
does anyone ever have problems with shipping into the US?

I've had the bags from DX cut open by the department of homeland security, with a big green strip of tape to reseal it. Nothing was missing, just gives you a funny feeling when somebody goes through your stuff like that.

murrat

Razako said:
[quote author=bobobob121 link=1206102314/15#20 date=1206144478]does anyone ever have problems with shipping into the US?
None at all.  I have bought lots of stuff from dx/kai/wicked/laserglow/nova and all of it has gotten safely to my door with no customs charges/fees/confiscations/other.[/quote]

Maybe you had no problems as it is not international shipping!
Most countries have value limits. If your goods are over that limit you have to pay taxes.
Tax of my laser is 20% and it cost around $95. This is not the real problem but it climbs up to $400 by other expenses and paper work.
I'll let you know how much it will be this week after I learn  :mad:

tomcat

i may have a problem with a diy i bought because it cost $200 and he(seller) insured it so you must mark price on exterior and its going to customs hell (uk) im going to play HELL with the pencil pushers ( might just ask to look at the package then nab it and do one they dont know where i live :p)

switzerland only has 7.6% taxes :cool:(was 18bucks on 235 declared $)
thing with DX is that they declare all items as 45 HKD(hongkongdollars) that is about:45 Hong Kong dollars = 5.78556 U.S. dollars so there'd never be taxes on that,

and the problem with marking the declared value down is that igf lost/problems/broken etc. you are insured for that(so you get that much back...)

Amnizu

Customs in the UK is the only agency that has the right to enter and search your home at any time without your knowledge, consent, or a warrant.

Entity

If I order $1500 worth of stuff from Nova lasers do you think I will have to pay anything to get it into the US?

Entity

Has anyone ever had to pay customs that lives in the US for Nova lasers?