Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Customs import taxes etc.

wattsup

Has anyone ever had to pay these charges when ordering from Jetlasers or Sanwu etc?...

There always no extra custom fees. But the recipient will be fully responsible for the charges if there is any. Your order may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. This is just a general guideline and you should contact your customs office for specific amounts and percentages. We cannot control and is not responsible for any duties/taxes applied to your package. You will be responsible for paying additional charges for customs clearance. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; please contact your local customs office for further information. Note, in rare occasions custom agents may delay delivery of some packages. The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to such import taxes, customs duties and fees, which are levied once a shipment reaches the recipient's country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be fulfilled by the recipient; JETLASERS has no control over these charges, nor can JETLASERS predict what they may be. The recipient is the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the destination country. Orders shipped outside of China may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees levied by the destination country.

Nexgen

Ive ordered from sanwu many times without any additional taxes. They usually mark declared value less than $20. However jetlasers ripped off my wallet at fedex customs.

Anthony P

I can't speak directly of Sanwu or Jet laser, but I have frequently dealt with Cloudray Laser. If I were to order directly from them, shipping would be enormous. If I order from their e-bay site, shipping is free. Never had import issues. Hope this helps.

Encap

Customs laws, rules and regulations are what they are in every Country, everywhere in the world.
Every item Exported and Imported into or out of any Country is subject to Customs and other laws.

Whatever is done to circumvent or violate those Customs laws or other Country laws is up to the parties involved, the importer and exporter, and any penalty imposed as a result of their doing is their responsibility.

For a birds eye view of US Customs enforcement re: battery operated, hand held , laser pointers see: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cms_ia/importalert_254.html

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
^^^^ Yep ^^^^ That being said, I've never had any issues when ordering from either Jetlasers, Sanwu or other Chinese companies. :)

I think these companies add this as a CYA (cover your ass) just in case there are any extra import or customs taxes added.

Encap

^^^^ Yep ^^^^ That being said, I've never had any issues when ordering from either Jetlasers, Sanwu or other Chinese companies. :)

I think these companies add this as a CYA (cover your ass) just in case there are any extra import or customs taxes added.

Agree and the companies warn, as anything can happen and the legit rules are the legit rules.

Needless to say but worth mention is that nobody pays import taxes/duties on high output power hand held laser pointers imported into USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and EU.
The reason being that there aren't duties/import taxes on illegal to import, >5mW illegal to sell lasers in USA or >1mW in EU, Australia, and New Zealand amoung other places.
If discovered and inspected they are seized by Customs and disposed of.

Last edited: