Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Custom Laser Goggles

Mr. Q

What materials are laser goggles made of? I would like to make a custom pair to clip on my glasses. Due to the environment in which I will be using the lasers, I only need to protect myself from the diffusion, not the beam itself.

Giannis_TDM

What materials are laser goggles made of? I would like to make a custom pair to clip on my glasses. Due to the environment in which I will be using the lasers, I only need to protect myself from the diffusion, not the beam itself.
Most of the goggles are made of either a polymer doped with a laser absorbing medium or for the cheaper ones just coated with such medium. I really don't think that that's something you can replicate at home with simple tools, your best bet would be these goggles that are designed to be used with glasses: https://www.survivallaser.com/Eagle...ver_Laser_Safety_Goggles/p556088_3346945.aspx they will also match your laser collection since they have the ability to block all of the lasers you have listed in your signature. Hope this helps!

Mr. Q

My question was more directed towards where I could buy the raw material (unclear wording, my bad). I did find a sheet of polymer doped acrylic (OD3), I will cut it to match my glasses lenses and glue them to a flip-up frame clip.

If you can't find any casual-looking eye protection, just make your own 🤷‍♂️

Good luck with that. Personally, my vision is top priority over the "looks" of of the glasses. Don't be stupid or cheap when it comes to eye protection. Seriously. It's not worth the risk.

Snecho

Sounds cool. If you're just trying to protect yourself from flashblindness via diffused reflections, that should work.

Owning real EaglePairs is still a must though if anyone doesn't already.

Mr. Q

Good luck with that. Personally, my vision is top priority over the "looks" of of the glasses. Don't be stupid or cheap when it comes to eye protection. Seriously. It's not worth the risk.

I'm ok with going blind as long as I look cool doing it 😅