Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Custom build Pocket laser (SANWU)

Hey there!

First of all, I would like to thank Podo for making this real. Other seller might have said NO, and he said "We'll try, it might work :)"

A month or so ago, I had the idea to ask if it would be possible to make a 460ish nm pocket laser. And it works. Thanks to him.

The process was easy, he just told me to buy a diode from DTR and send it to them, and they would try to make the build for 50$. Knowing that only 3.8mm and 5.6mm diodes fit on the pocket host, I bought a M462 diode, and sent it to them.

I knew that the possibilities of succeeding were low, but I had to give it a try. Around 460nm is my favourite wavelenght, so I could loose 50$ of the diode but I could win an amazing laser.

In two weeks time, Podo told me thatr it was working, using the current data of the diode they had underdriven the M462 to 0.5-0.6 amps, but the wavelenght wasn't 465nm, it was in the 455-460nm range. And he sent me a lpm reading:

2415ws5.png

0.5W of burning 460nm isn't bad at all!

Two days later he sent it, and two weeks later, today, it arrived. The build quality is outstanding, not even the smallest scratch (Pocket host is made of stainless steel), with G7 lenses (he sent to me the 3E lens that came with the diode). It has a soft start, maxes out 10 or 15 secs after being switched on.

I will post beamshots at night, now we are mid-afternoon in Spain, so my old- creepy camera wouldn't catch anything at all. I will just say that the color is between 445nm and 465nm, nearer to 465nm. Pure blue with no hints of violet, unlike 445nm.

It gets pretty hot for extended runtimes, more or less like the 445nm pocket, needs to have 30segs of cooling for each two minutes of use.
The laser runs on a 10440 battery, usually 15min runtime before needing to recharge.

So, thanks for reading, and I'm giving a 9.5 out of 10 to Sanwu for making happy this annoying customer :p, and sorry for my english. I'm Spanish and learning quick, but still have lots of things to learn!

:thanks: Podo!

BobMc

Hey there!

First of all, I would like to thank Podo for making this real. Other seller might have said NO, and he said "We'll try, it might work :)"

A month or so ago, I had the idea to ask if it would be possible to make a 460ish nm pocket laser. And it works. Thanks to him.

The process was easy, he just told me to buy a diode from DTR and send it to them, and they would try to make the build for 50$. Knowing that only 3.8mm and 5.6mm diodes fit on the pocket host, I bought a M462 diode, and sent it to them.

I knew that the possibilities of succeeding were low, but I had to give it a try. Around 460nm is my favourite wavelenght, so I could loose 50$ of the diode but I could win an amazing laser.

In two weeks time, Podo told me thatr it was working, using the current data of the diode they had underdriven the M462 to 0.5-0.6 amps, but the wavelenght wasn't 465nm, it was in the 455-460nm range. And he sent me a lpm reading:

2415ws5.png

0.5W of burning 460nm isn't bad at all!

Two days later he sent it, and two weeks later, today, it arrived. The build quality is outstanding, not even the smallest scratch (Pocket host is made of stainless steel), with G7 lenses (he sent to me the 3E lens that came with the diode). It has a soft start, maxes out 10 or 15 secs after being switched on.

I will post beamshots at night, now we are mid-afternoon in Spain, so my old- creepy camera wouldn't catch anything at all. I will just say that the color is between 445nm and 465nm, nearer to 465nm. Pure blue with no hints of violet, unlike 445nm.

It gets pretty hot for extended runtimes, more or less like the 445nm pocket, needs to have 30segs of cooling for each two minutes of use.
The laser runs on a 10440 battery, usually 15min runtime before needing to recharge.

So, thanks for reading, and I'm giving a 9.5 out of 10 to Sanwu for making happy this annoying customer :p, and sorry for my english. I'm Spanish and learning quick, but still have lots of things to learn!

:thanks: Podo!

Well excellent. Glad Podo worked with you for this fantastic build. That a really nice wavelength. I've got some pockets, so I know the build quality. Looking forward to the night time beam shot. :drool:

So, as promised, here are some nighttime beamshots:
2gt21dv.jpg

2v2a7t2.jpg

fohzjs.jpg

Sorry for the crap photos. My phone camera is bad as hell (gotta get a new phone xD). It doesn't make justice to this nice looking beam.

This thing is a little burner! Anything black or made of wood smokes even unfocused, and focused I've cutted matches! Not bad for just 0.5W coming out from a 10440 batt. Not real 462nm but it's between 445nm and 465nm, pure blue with no hints of violet!

Last edited:

BobMc

So, as promised, here are some nighttime beamshots:
2gt21dv.jpg

2v2a7t2.jpg

fohzjs.jpg

Sorry for the crap photos. My phone camera is bad as hell (gotta get a new phone xD). It doesn't make justice to this nice looking beam.

This thing is a little burner! Anything black or made of wood smokes even unfocused, and focused I've cutted matches! Not bad for just 0.5W coming out from a 10440 batt. Not real 462nm but it's between 445nm and 465nm, pure blue with no hints of violet!

Not bad a all for a 10440. Solid blue little burner you got there. Enjoy that puppie. You got a original there, one of a kind. How cool is that! A nice addition to anybody's collection. Thanks for the beam shots. :drool:

The beam shots aren't that bad. Especially the ones at night. Congratulations on getting what you were wanting.

Ill take +450 over 445 any day. Glad it all worked out. The G7 makes a nice beam.