Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Credit Cards and Bluray

Contrary to popular belief, there needs to be an activator of some sort that chemically interacts with the proteins in organic material in order for the substance to be fluorescent.

Blacklights rock, UV LED floodlights do as well.

One of these 400W mercury vapor lamps can be had for less than a bluray. $50 for the bulb, $30 for a used ballast. Here I have mine pictured next to a regular light bulb to show how large they are.

PHTO0012-1.jpg

What makes those rock so bad is that Mercury vapor plasma is nearly all UV.

Street lights that still use mercury vapor have that telltale blue hue.

That is one awesome blacklight you have there. Our glowie collection would go nuts with that in the room.

Jaseth

My new passport has what appears to be DNA-strings across the ID-part, only visible under UV (or my blu-ray) :D
Then across there are 3 wavy lines saying "DENMARK DANISH PASSPORT". I am surprised at how cool it actually looks.
Also, every single paper page in the passport has threads of flourscent material in it - at first I thought it was just a couple of hairs lighting up (they are about the length of eyelashes), but there are about 30 on every single page and they light up blue, red, green and yellow. Very nice!

My bank card says "M C"

My healthcare card does not appear to have anything hidden anywhere..

Seb

Last edited: