Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

crabapple= Scammer!

As much as it pains me to write this, as it seems this user has done some good contributions & transactions in the past I promised myself, along with other members I would post this depending on LaserGlow's reply(you'll see why this is important later).

So, as most of you know I sold my 405 Electra & 473 Aquarius to a member known as crabapple(again not calling him a scammer, but just want to keep track of events). A couple days after receiving the lasers, he informed me that the 473 has the button pushed in & made it impossible to turn on. Now, I do admit I had it pretty snugly fit in the box with a piece of paper holding the button down, also depending on how the center part of the GLP's are turned it can cause the button to not be operational. Anyway, when I first received the 473 I accidentally rotated it in the middle, quickly realizing the batteries go in the back. After that incident it has been rotated a few times, but you really needed some force to rotate it.

Anyway, a couple weeks later I was informed he sent the unit to LaserGlow to see what could be done. A few more days go by and he informed me that LaserGlow said the interior electronics were rotated 90 Degrees, making the unit unrepairable. crabapple then informed me he would return the damaged unit to me & send me a email about LaserGlow informing him if the laser condition. Now, be aware there is no way in hell the unit could have rotated while shipping and was informed by ultimatekaiser there is a strong chance he messed with the unit, then tried to return it to LG for a fix.

Now this is where it gets fishy and prompted me to write this thread. After a few emails, he told me instead of going to PayPal & trying to get all his money back, and contacting Dave on the forums he would let me slide(what did I do wrong???) and would accept a partial refund(which I asked if he wanted in the first place). Anyway, I sent him $125 but then started researching and guess what....

LaserGlow says they never received a 473 Aquarius from a customer to be repaired!!!!!!! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

So basically, I sent him a PM asking if he could send the unit to ultimatekaiser(as he might be able to fix it if it really is broken) and refund my money. If anything needs to be fixed, I'll pay for the parts & if the unit is broken beyond repair, I'll resend the $125. I don't really care what happened I just want to sort this out, I don't want a member to be out a laser I sent him, I would like him to get his moneys worth.

Thankfully I have a job, but here I sit -$125 and awaiting a PM from him about how he would like to proceed.

Have I done anything wrong? Is it my fault?

-Alex

Last edited:

gozert

Re: User Beware!

Doesn't seem live you've done anything wrong, Alex. You could have told him about twisting in the middle of the laser would result in the module twisting with it, but that's about it. I had a 532nm ebay pen laser years ago of which I the module rotated along with the top if I tried hard enough. However, simply by turning it the other way around, the button unstuck easily.

It's kinda weird that he never actually contacted LG along with lying about what they "said".

Not going to judge until I hear his side of the story, maybe he has a reason for this all. You never know.

Doesn't seem live you've done anything wrong, Alex. You could have told him about twisting in the middle of the laser would result in the module twisting with it, but that's about it. I had a 532nm ebay pen laser years ago of which I the module rotated along with the top if I tried hard enough. However, simply by turning it the other way around, the button unstuck easily.

It's kinda weird that he never actually contacted LG along with lying about what they "said".

Not going to judge until I hear his side of the story, maybe he has a reason for this all. You never know.

Yeah, I agree. He does seem to be a pretty busy guy which is why I want to give him a couple more days to answer my PM. If he did nothing wrong & it was my fault in the end, I'll gladly let him keep the $125! :)

-Alex

wow that sucks :( cant u just do a claim on paypal that he scammed you ? thats just dirty do shit like that... mods should ban him or something. So i guess he destroyed the button and lied about everything then and ripped u off more or less.

Last edited:

wow that sucks :( cant u just do a claim on paypal that he scammed you ? thats just dirty do shit like that... mods should ban him or something.

Unfortunately no, I was an idiot & sent it via "pay for family or friends". It does suck indeed, college is starting soon & all my money is currently going towards getting a good ride :yh:

-Alex

Last edited:

gozert

Even if you sent it as a gift you can probably call them and explain the situation. It's always worth giving it a try.

Even if you sent it as a gift you can probably call them and explain the situation. It's always worth giving it a try.

True! I'll try giving them a call tomorrow & see if there's anything they can do.

Thanks gozert!

-Alex

Davidx

Smart guy Alex. :) Contacting LG to see if he actually went to the trouble to send it to them.
When I need an actual 5mw, I buy from them. I'd ask Nick to double check, then would have to assume the buyer was, how to put this gently. Lying.

GR3EN

Hopefully thing get sorted out swiftly. Sucks having to go through that.

Hope this turns out well for all parties involved. Only thing that could have maybe been done different is a heads up about the button and rotating the host. Good Luck!!!

Pman

There's always 2 sides to a story but it sounds 90% fishy to me from what you are saying. Had enough time passed that he could have actually sent it to them and received it back? Don't like that he didn't send you the email. Did you ask to see the email and then he immediately asked for $ back?
I find it VERY difficult to believe he didn't mess with it. Trying to discern from what you said about the button and twisting if it took a lot of effort to cause the alignment issue or you had to really mess with it first. Could it get messed up just by changing batteries? How much did you sell it to him for?
Realize that I'm asking some things that you already answered but I'm trying to be more specific;) Stinks no matter what that it's weighing heavy on you.

There's always 2 sides to a story but it sounds 90% fishy to me from what you are saying. Had enough time passed that he could have actually sent it to them and received it back? Don't like that he didn't send you the email. Did you ask to see the email and then he immediately asked for $ back?
I find it VERY difficult to believe he didn't mess with it. Trying to discern from what you said about the button and twisting if it took a lot of effort to cause the alignment issue or you had to really mess with it first. Could it get messed up just by changing batteries? How much did you sell it to him for?
Realize that I'm asking some things that you already answered but I'm trying to be more specific;) Stinks no matter what that it's weighing heavy on you.

Hey Pman!

I sold the laser to him for I believe $225 or $250, and there is no way switching the batteries could have messed up the laser. It's been quite awhile yes! I believe it was sold in beginning of June, so we're nearing 1 month now. He mentioned he would send me the email when "LaserGlow told him the laser couldn't be fixed" and I then asked if he would like a partial refund back.

It sucks indeed!

-Alex

Pman

Aren't you supposed to be sleeping lol
Well you may have to let it go for your own sanity otherwise it's going to continue to eat you up inside. Might not be worth that much stress.

Aren't you supposed to be sleeping lol
Well you may have to let it go for your own sanity otherwise it's going to continue to eat you up inside. Might not be worth that much stress.

Agreed. I should also be sleeping, but I had other plans lol :pop:

My mom has a quick job for me today & I'll earn $50 from it, so I won't be out as much but it still sucks.

Be safe guys! I will update if anything else is heard.

-Alex