Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Couple new pics

Things

Messing with my projector and new camera the other night, managed to get a couple good pics. Need to grab everything out and do it again sometime :)

DSC08151.jpg

DSC08149.jpg

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Great photos, Things! Yes, definitely share more of these with us. :)

Thanx for sharing thse. Great shots. I hope to have a laser projector like that one day. Looks like yours is able to project any wl by combining beams. About how much does an entry level laser projector cost than can make all those colors?

Great pics Thins!!

I'm looking at an rgb myself... a lower end 1w is about 500$!
and decent software to run it like quickshow is about 600$ NW.. you should go to NWLEM with me!! nov 20th I think

edit: you can run the projector off of a DMX controller for about 80$ but that's no fun.. hehe

Last edited:

Things

Hit up member "hakzaw1" if you're looking for a projector (and FB3/QuickShow), he's more up to date with what's on the market than myself. I built this one a few years back and it cost me around $2500 all up, but you can do it much, much cheaper these days (or just buy a complete unit). It contains ~300mW 642nm, 1W 445nm and ~400mW 532nm with DT25 scanners. It was running at about half power for those pics, you really don't need much power at all indoors. 1W combined would be plenty for the same effect with a bit of fog.

The controller is one of the more expensive parts as you've said. I use BEYOND myself but QuickShow is definitely more than capable, I'd highly recommend it. I started off with modified sound cards quite a while back and the headache getting those to work reliably forced me into buying a FB3. For $500 you get a very solid, proven bit of hardware, and great software with all the updates.

12004105_503800733122836_4896268216089699999_n.jpg

An outdoor show the other night.

Last edited:
yea hakzaw1 is a great guy and knows his stuff.
I was looking up the soundcard DAC too and looked like hell to get working. I hear beyond is badass.
ill be starting with QS for sure though.
I just need to find a US seller for a decent PJ that isn't 20k$

Great pics Thins!!

I'm looking at an rgb myself... a lower end 1w is about 500$!
and decent software to run it like quickshow is about 600$ NW.. you should go to NWLEM with me!! nov 20th I think

edit: you can run the projector off of a DMX controller for about 80$ but that's no fun.. hehe

I'm really glad you told me about NWLEM I would have been super bummed if I missed that right in our home town. I will be there for sure. I wonder if any others LPF members are planning to attend. It would be nice to meet some faces in the real world.

@Things, thanks for the info. hak is the man. Great guy and I will contact him when the time comes.

Last edited: