Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

could it happen that i burned the diode ?

Is there a product # on the sled in the DVD burner?

People here will be able to give you more information based on what type of sled it is.

Lase

also iam an english noob , whats the sled ? u mean the model # of the driver ?\

Lase

This:
kes400a-ts.jpg

kes400a-bs.jpg

is what is referred to as the sled. It should have a model # on it (this one is the KES-400A (from a PS3))

With that information you can find guides on the web to help you identify which diodes are which.

Lase

Last edited:
This OP sounds like kipkay... ?

But anyways, you need to regulate current otherwise, your batteries will overload the diode! You must regulate the current so that it is stable enough to power the diode. Hooking it up like this will pop any diode, no matter how rugged, to nothing more than a small piece of metal.

On these forums, you can buy a nice driver for around 10$

mpwn

ye you need a driver you could buy one like he ^^^ said or make one , both easy enough

LaZeRz

Lpc 816 or 817?

If its a 816 then the red will only have 3 pins

lpc-817 it is
i extracted the diode and its producing a red light but not a strong one , could it be that its not a dvd-burner ??

Once again, do you have driver? With LM317, or LM350? If no, hookin up diode to 2x1.5V AA batteries can destroy the diode. If not, at least it reduces the diode life. ALWAYS connect the diode to driver. If you are not sure, which diode is IR and which is RED, you can use multimeter and set it on diode. It will give to the diode low voltage and current, but enough to tell which diode is red.

Last edited:
Once again, do you have driver? With LM317, or LM350? If no, hookin up diode to 2x1.5V AA batteries can destroy the diode. If not, at least it reduces the diode life. ALWAYS connect the diode to driver. If you are not sure, which diode is IR and which is RED, you can use multimeter and set it on diode. It will give to the diode low voltage and current, but enough to tell which diode is red.

a driver with lm317 but instead of 10 microfarad 16v capacitor iam using 47uf 35v

i like ur suggestion btw about using a multimeter ,
can u please explain how to use it with diodes ? and what the results should be ?

Check your other thread that you opened up. I responded there. Then read Rog's website again. Everything is there.