Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

cool new laser @ DX

poksyl

Hi! I live i Sweden and work with lasers. after very much trouble at yourlasers website I finally succeded in making a payment for 2 laser pointers. Later today febr 26 I recieved an e-mail as follows below. I wonder if there is anyone else who does not find this very suspicious? and why do they need this extra info if the site is OK. If I give out this info My bank would never cover any damage that might follow. If the site is chinese they could use escrow or similar. PO Sylwan

2012-02-26 16:29
Dear Per-Otto Sylwan,

Thank you for ordering from YourLasers.com. To ensure the payment was made as per your request, further confirmation is needed for this payment. Would you please choose two of these methods as listed below to help confirm your payment process and information?(click here to see sample):

1. A photo/copy/screenshot of your credit card bill (Any previous purchase invoice will suffice). It would be better if we can clearly see both the first 6 digits and last 4 digits of your card number and the cardholder name on the bill.

2. A photo/copy/screenshot of both sides of your credit card. For the safety of your account and card number, (please cover or black-out the CVV2/CVC2/CSC2 code) just show us the first 6 digits and last 4 digits of your card number.

3. A photo/copy/screenshot of the cardholder's ID card/ Passport/Driver license.

You can selectively choose to attach two of the above to the Authorization Form provided. Thank you for your co-operation in providing Yourlaser.com with the necessary information needed to process your order effectively.

Please submit your information at this DealExtreme: Customer Service Express will get down to fulfill your order upon receiving your confirmation. Thank you for your time and understanding.
ORDER #: I removed this number

Yours Sincerely,
YourLasers.com

rhd

There's something seriously wrong with DX right now. I've used them for perhaps 5 years, so I'm not just chiming in with the usual "DX is crap, blah blah blah". Something is different now - they're not responding to customer service messages, and they're not even responding to Paypal disputes (which is great, because it means you win the dispute always). But something is definitely strange. With the transition now to "www.DX.com" I just don't know if I trust the structure of their business. I'm suspicious - maybe it has changed hands - maybe something is going on that we don't know about.

I've had to dispute 5 charges with them through Paypal in the last 3 months. In my case, it's mostly for unshipped items, that have been cancelled, but for which DX has refused (or just ignored) actually sending the Paypal refund.

My question:
- Did you use Paypal?

I would not provide them with any of the info they're asking for if I was in your shoes.

Last edited:
There's something seriously wrong with DX right now. I've used them for perhaps 5 years, so I'm not just chiming in with the usual "DX is crap, blah blah blah". Something is different now - they're not responding to customer service messages, and they're not even responding to Paypal disputes (which is great, because it means you win the dispute always). But something is definitely strange. With the transition now to "www.DX.com" I just don't know if I trust the structure of their business. I'm suspicious - maybe it has changed hands - maybe something is going on that we don't know about.

I've had to dispute 5 charges with them through Paypal in the last 3 months. In my case, it's mostly for unshipped items, that have been cancelled, but for which DX has refused (or just ignored) actually sending the Paypal refund.

My question:
- Did you use Paypal?

I would not provide them with any of the info they're asking for if I was in your shoes.

I ordered somethings about a month ago and the order was split. Just last week two things shipped and the other two are "waiting for supplier" do you recommend that I file a dispute.

Mike

Oh sh :shhh: T. My bad just took a look on the order tracking part and it seems my order shipped today. They also up graded my shipping because it took forever. Arrival date is in a week, maybe DX is getting a new system of shipping and packing so that orders come out quicker.

Mike

They might be getting hit with that prepaid Visa scam, and now are making sure you are who you say you are.

I wouldnt send that info though, get Paypal.

You should have make a new thread for this question.

poksyl

Hi again! I have also used dealextreme for about 5 years without much trouble. The only thing I have had problems with is to contact them through mail.
Lately I have bought 5-6 items and i have had problems with one of them which is not delivered in spite me ordering a month ago.

As for yourlasers they don´t take pay pal and their payment site does not seem secure. They might just save all your info manually and that could be a big problem if they decide to suddenly grab a lot of money from a lot of visa and mastercards and then maybe just close down and run with what they got.

I am seriously considering getting a new Visa.

However I just today got an answer from them saying they will process my order without the extra info. It will be interresting to see how this works out.

PO