Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cooking with lasers

Radim

Having tasty pizza right now, I say no... :D Right pizza is of pure ingredients and baked correctly. No microwave.:crackup: Still I'm interested whether lasers can be used. :)

Edit: It brings me to a bit crazy idea of "laser cuisine", meals prepared and engraved by lasers - tip for a restaurant if someone is interested. :crackup: I can even provide some laserpaintings for thematic decorations. :whistle:

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
lol, fancy testing that for us Radim? :D
Laser cuisine? Interesting. Laser engraved food does look fancy when done right.
I would love to see that happen with your laser art on the walls. :p

Radim

Oliver, I'm affraid I lack high wattage CO2 laser, which I consider as essencial for laser cuisine. :D Whatever some toast engravings can be done even with some portable I guess (likely with darker bread). At least they melt chocolate, what I've tried. :D Still that idea that you will be sitting in restaurant with laser pojector beaming above your head, laserpaintings on wall and after awesome laser cooked dinner you will drink fluorescenting beer under 405 nm diode and having icecream desert prepared as flambé ignited by 7 W portable laser, why not? Just worried about safety as for a show there will be glasses needed for sure, and likely some laser curtains for separating the serving procedure from other guests... I cannot imagine the cost of such a dinner, not even how realistic it would be due to legal permissions, but definitely the concept would be unusual. :D Something like molecular gastronomy.

Benm

You can do a lot of stuff with the technoogy.

One thing remains to be seen though: market demand.

Surely i tink having a pizza with my name browmed into the cheese on top is cool.
Question is if i'd actually want that: I suppose it'll take time to do it, and perhaps even cost more.

I would not be inclined to get a pizza with a custom text on it if it took longer to make, and certainly would not pay extra for it.