Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Conversations not showing up/getting deleted?

Not sure where I'm supposed to post this, but hopefully this is the right place.

I've had a slight issue with the conversation tool. I have sent different messages to other members concerning BST topics and it seems that the conversation sometimes loses parts or the whole conversation itself goes missing. Could this be an issue on my end? As of right now the conversation I was having with another member has only 1 piece left of it and it looks like he didn't see my last message either. We have a new conversation going at the moment so hopefully this one works out.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Sorry slow reply, I'm wondering if might be local issue if nobody else has the problem. Can't see a reason it would happen unless it's a bug in the software but we are on latest version

Sorry slow reply, I'm wondering if might be local issue if nobody else has the problem. Can't see a reason it would happen unless it's a bug in the software but we are on latest version

The other user has said that the conversation is gone on their end as well. Maybe they go away after a certain period of time? I’ll talk to him again. Maybe I’ll see if I messed up and deleted them or something but considering it’s happening to both of us I doubt it.

I haven't noticed this problem on my end. All my "conversations" or PMs as they used to be called are still available to me if I need to refer to an old one.

Gadget

It's me. I'm the other user.
We were trying to finalize a transaction, and all the sudden I stopped getting replies
from Zach. Went back and looked and our entire history was gone. Starting a new
convo seemed to have worked, only now I see this post and it appears we are running
into lost packets again (me not getting replies from Zach), tho I can still see the recently started convo history and it
hasn't gone blank slate yet.

(EDIT) Just checked and it seems Zach is the only one that got zapped from my history. It appears I still have history
from before the upgrade from everyone else. Hmmm...that makes me think...I wonder if one of us has ignored the other
accidentally. I'm gonna check on my end, but would that also delete our convo history, and then allow us to start a new one?
(EDIT2) Just checked and "You are not ignoring any members".

We had to take it to email

Last edited: