Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Considering buying from lazerer

Ok so I am thinking of buying either this or this

I would like to know if they are still a reputable company and also if these lasers are decent. I have seen posts on the forum saying they are a good company but just wanted to know first hand :yh:

also I live in UK so I wanted to know if there is any special notes I should add in the notes section and the chances of the laser being seized (which is pretty unlikely)

also if you feel there are better companies/lasers out there from me please let me know below :yh: however my max budget is £30

Gun

I can't tell you anything first hand about Lazerer, however as you have, I have heard many good reviews and that Lazerer is one of the best laser suppliers out there. I don't think you really need to write anything in the notes section. What are the laser laws like in the UK? I doubt they'll allow a 50 or 100mW handheld into the country, maybe they're a bit more relaxed over there than in Oz. Also make sure you get some 532nm safety goggles, you can buy them from Lazerer. Get either these or these.

Last edited:
I can't tell you anything first hand about Lazerer, however as you have, I have heard many good reviews and that Lazerer is one of the best laser suppliers out there. I don't think you really need to write anything in the notes section. What are the laser laws like in the UK? I doubt they'll allow a 50 or 100mW handheld into the country, maybe they're a bit more relaxed over there than in Oz. Also make sure you get some 532nm safety goggles, you can buy them from Lazerer. Get either these or these.
thanks for the info.

afaik there is no law in UK so to speak but if they see it as dangerous they will just seize it

sorry for the double post but could you tell me what's better.
a focusable 50mw or a small unfocusable 100mw. I am unsure what to buy lol

It really depends on what you want to use it for. The focusable 50mW will have a neat visible beam and also be able to do some burning tricks (thanks to its focusing ability), while the 100mW laser will have a very impressive beam, but will give you a hard time trying to burn anything without a magnifying glass.

In the end, the focusable 50mW is for fun on your own, while the mini 100mW is for show. Make your pick out of the two, but DO NOT forget to pick up a pair of goggles as well, you only get one set of eyes, mind you.

It really depends on what you want to use it for. The focusable 50mW will have a neat visible beam and also be able to do some burning tricks (thanks to its focusing ability), while the 100mW laser will have a very impressive beam, but will give you a hard time trying to burn anything without a magnifying glass.

In the end, the focusable 50mW is for fun on your own, while the mini 100mW is for show. Make your pick out of the two, but DO NOT forget to pick up a pair of goggles as well, you only get one set of eyes, mind you.
thanks for the info, definitely be getting goggles :p

gonna get 50mw one I think and I will probably post a review when arrived as I haven't seen that many around.

again, thanks for the heads up :)