Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Companies shipping to USA??

What companies are currently shipping to USA laser over 5mw??

Last edited:

There are a few companies that do, but this generally tends to happen at customs which is why shipping takes so long.

your-package-delivery-will-be-delay.gif

No i dont work for the gov or fda ! do you? ! lol

truth be told,

I need the laser solely and I mean solely for trying to project on lower cloud covers. Its not going to be used for any other purpose. Im trying to find a way to project my companies logo effective and efficiently onto clouds that are overhead. I own a entertainment company, I have seen it done before, but never got to ask the people who were doing it.

If anyone knows what magnitude laser I would need for this type of application please let me know. Ive seen it done with green, blue, and violet lasers.

If it helps gauging the energy i would need.

i have seen that a 50mil lux spot light can hit a cloud 4 miles up and with a nice tight visible circle.
I have also seen a green laser that does 85 mil lux hit a cloud about 4 miles up

what does that mean to me, nothing , but maybe that will help tell a more knowledge person what type of energy i need to work with...to project onto clouds...im guessing i need at least 50 mil lux of visible emr

No i dont work for the gov or fda ! do you? ! lol

truth be told,

I need the laser solely and I mean solely for trying to project on lower cloud covers.

Ok, sorry to have asked, you have a fair point. :tinfoil:

I have seen a 300mW green laser dot visible on low lying clouds during rainy weather.

How often and for what duration are you hoping to display the logo if possible? I would think since it is a laser and not a spotlight, you would need permission from the FAA regarding air traffic as lasers generally are not pointed vertically into the air and definitely not for any extended period of time like that in any outdoor laser show as far as I know.

Also you would need a laser projector to "write" the company logo which would consist of a laser reflected off of mirrors that move at high frequency to draw the particular image. (Laser Projector)

I think your biggest obstacle though will be the fact that the FAA will probably not allow you to point your lasers vertically even with the cloud layer there preventing all the light from reaching higher altitudes.

Hopefully someone that has more knowledge on public laser show legislation could help you out. :beer: :beer:

EDIT: I forgot to mention that laser projectors do not fall under the category of the 5mW limit / FDA safety features needed for handhelds, since they are not a handheld laser and so you wouldn't have any problem with customs. However you most likely will not be permitted to point the laser projector straight up / vertically in the air as the government and the FAA would consider it an airplane hazard.

Last edited:
O yeah, their are definitely legal ramifications, to pointing massivlty powered beams of radiation into the sky... Im aware of this, and am still going to do it.

Im a responsible individual...I have a license to actually handle radioactivity, its funny because lasers are radiation, its just not the radiation type per say on my active authorize user sheet...im used to dealing with gamma and beta all day...

If your purpose is to attract attention to your company with a massive laser projection on the bottom of clouds, yet you know this will have legal ramifications, how will this not attract the law as well and not end up hurting your business?

Is there really that much to gain advertising wise in the short amount of time before some cops come by to find out where the insanely bright laser beam is being projected from?

What kind of company are you advertising for out of curiosity?

I'm not trying to be hostile to your idea and it's not that I don't think it would look cool but it might be better to see if this is legally acceptable first or get permission if possible as pointing a laser every now and then for a short moment into the sky when there is absolutely no air traffic is one thing, but blasting a high powered projector vertically for extended periods of time during hours where people are about and planes are overhead is another story.

I own a entertainment company, for the type of things we promote and the atmosphere we create, a stunt like this would actually have a very positive effect on our marketing strategy, even more so if the police and the media get involved. Its just the way things work in my entertainment industry..alot of it has to due with my target audiences age group...but im not gonna get into it...

As for blasting it four hours, i should have clarified ...its not for that amount of advertising, more for psychological purposes,,,not for the advertising you are thinging off...more like once a week i blast it at night into the clouds from a secure locatoin may 2 ....3 second burst...then later in the month...from another secure safe location for maybe 2....3 second burst...its not for constant advertsiting...its for implanting a image ...its all marketing and psychology...and i do tour the USA and plan to bring it with us especailly when we hit rural areas......

the whole purposes is not to get caught if i can avoid it, but if i do, its not gonna be a HUGE deal, because im not going to be shinning it at other humans or vehicles..worst thing I can think of is media attention, and a fine. Not a felony...but agian if things get heated, that type of publicty is not negative for the enviorment I work in lol...so either way its a good idea for me

Encap

skylaser can provide you green ,blue,red,violet laser !

Forum members should be aware that "skylaser" is listed in the latest FDA Import Alert 95-4 of 8/22/2012 as a company whose products are subject to Detention without Physical Examination (DWPE) under this Import Alert (a.k.a. Red List)
U.S.FDA
Import Alert # 95-04
Published Date: 08/22/2012
Type: DWPE Import Alert Name:
"Detention Without Physical Examination Of Laser Pointers, Laser Gunsights, Laser Levels, Laser Light Shows, Laser Pointer Key Chains, & Similar Products That Fail To Comply With Applicable Performance Standards And Reporting Requirements."

Shenzhen Keyuan Co.LtdDate Published : 03/11/2011
Bulan Road , Room 508, Bldg 3; Ke Lun Te Ganti Tech. , Shenzhen, Guangdong CHINA 95 R - - DW General Purpose Laser Products, Non-Medical Date Published: 03/11/2011

Desc:Sky Lasers Laser Ponter 95 R - - ES Laser Pointer, Surveying, Leveling, Alignment Laser Products Date Published: 03/11/2011

Desc:Sky Lasers Laser Ponter 95 R - - EU Laser Aiming Product, Visible, Surveying, Leveling, Alignment Laser Products Date Published: 03/11/2011

Desc:Sky Lasers Laser Ponter

see: Import Alert 95-04

Last edited:
Thanks Encap for the info,

Im thinking im gonna either have to build one, buy one or have one built for me by a forum member, or find a device that also uses what i need, buy that device and take what i need from it..

kalan

its not going to be a big (BAT) logo is it if so i think this has been done before ;)

Im guessing you have a party production company aka you throw raves. Venues wont even let me bring lasers anymore because of guys pulling stunts like this. This is all the wrong kind of attention for the rave scene. Not only is it things like this that make parties get shut down more often, its also making lasers more and more frowned upon for everyone cause kids are being dumb. Use flyers and facebook, not lasers in the sky.

ive never heard of anything like the above happening and being related to anything im trying to do...meaning i have not seen a correlation between someone shinning a light in the sky then alll the sudden venues going we no longer except lasers because of that...

im sure it has to do with teenagers and laser, or human beings with lower I.Qs being in possesion of powerful devies...,, not grown men in advertising...

if i had to guess

99% of all lasers are probably owned by people who have no reason to actually use them, or applcation for it to be put to use in..other then EXCLUSIVLY for burning things looking cool...and shinning them directly at people/cars/ and planes...

i think its those 99% who ruined it for you lol...just my 2c..

Ok, I'll make it simple since you dont understand, lasers in sky equals police attention. Police will figure out who what and where and they will go to venues and shut them down for using illegal medical devices without a license. If you've ever heard of cumulus entertainment in Cleveland Ohio, this is what happened to them. They no longer allow lasers at 90% of cleveland venues because their laser shows caught police attention, which caught the attention of the govt departments in charge of enforcing laser laws. The actual owner of all the projectors is facing some serious fines and his projectors are confiscated, thousands of dollars of lasers confiscated. If you dont care about going to jail thats fine, but you may very well ruin shows for every promoter at every venue in your city, I've seen it happen first hand.

Or conversely, forget me and do what you want, who knows it may work out for you. :whistle:

@OP

getting projectors with the power to cloud scan is the easy part-- how do you intend to arrange the appearence of the clouds??

I have seen cloud scan photos but they are almost always just done when the clouds happen to be right- You might ask Marc at CT Lasers- he has done it already.
I got fair results with a cheap chi-jector 600mW of rgb- it was either low clouds or high fog--take your pick..

People acting responsibly with PJs or handhelds do not make for good headlines- what you want to do willl surely get twisted around to make you and subsequently all of us look bad.