Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Combining 445nm and 405nm

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has tried combining these two wavelengths before, and if so, to what degree of success. It might seem a little bit pointless given the relatively similar wavelength, but I believe this combination (with a single-mode 445nm, and high-power 405nm), could produce a wholly 'purple' laser, perhaps averaging at 420-425nm in terms of intensity of observed light.

A PBS cube or a specialized dichroic mirror would be used for this purpose.

Thoughts, comments? Would this produce a more purple colour than the deep violet of 405nm?

Thanks,

AAlasers

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has tried combining these two wavelengths before, and if so, to what degree of success. It might seem a little bit pointless given the relatively similar wavelength, but I believe this combination (with a single-mode 445nm, and high-power 405nm), could produce a wholly 'purple' laser, perhaps averaging at 420-425nm in terms of intensity of observed light.

A PBS cube or a specialized dichroic mirror would be used for this purpose.

Thoughts, comments? Would this produce a more purple colour than the deep violet of 405nm?

Thanks,

AAlasers

I am sure it gets tried now and then. Yes it would produce a more purple beam. Sounds like a fun experiment. Perhaps one of these will do the job: http://www.edmundoptics.com/optics/...e-filters/dichroic-laser-beam-combiners/86382
I myself hope to try for a yellow or orange one of these days.

Alan

I wanna try a yellow. A bright purple would be cool though :beer:

~ LB

Yea ive also wanted to try a yellow, ive seen styropyro's vid and if you can get it right it looks pretty sweet

That jayrob tutorial is pretty awesome. Having a 3 modes on 1 laser is sweet