Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CO2 Power Supply Schematic Help

upaa27

Don't! Pots have limited power dissipation and withstanding voltage rating. It'll burn up, arc over and/or electrocute you when you touch the shaft.

Yeah, I tapped the pot's shaft with a screwdriver and saw sparks then removed it.

Things

Please just stop and buy a premade PSU, you can get them for a little over $100 shipped on eBay. Learning is good and all but learning on something where 1 error could kill you, you're not exactly doing yourself any favours.

upaa27

Added in the caps which increased output, although it still doesn't look like it is emitting anywhere near full power. I am thinking that not enough voltage is going in and not ionizing all the gas. What do you guys think?

Things

If the tube is lasing at all, then there's enough voltage. Not enough current is the problem.

Last edited:

upaa27

If the tube is lasing at all, then there's enough voltage. Not enough current is the problem.

I see. Also thanks for your concern for my safety. I don't know what to say except that I am taking as many safety precautions as possible (triple checking caps, wearing rubber gloves, using one hand, standing on rubber...).

As for current I might test out this zvs flyback for higher current

Thanks a ton man.

Last edited: