Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CO2 or active fiber ?

The box looks too small for a CO2 tube and cooler, also the objective/output optic is too small, I'm thinking active fiber....
Yes this company makes a lot of CO2 lasers but this is their fiber laser upgrade to a tree branch and power line clearing system.

Last edited:

gazer101

Holy sh!t that thing is dangerous XD
Though they probably use an adaptive lens to focus it to a point on the tree to minimize the risk of long-range blinding, it's a fire hazard to say the least lol

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
That's quite something. I'd imagine the laser guts, probably solid state?, are in the plastic case and the gun part is fiber coupled and just for the lenses and focusing mechanism.

Wonder if it's got some sort of sealed liquid cooling system in the case for the laser?

I would love to have a used one to open up and " play with " and I expect the case holds the doped fiber gain medium and the pump diode array as well as a cooler/fan and battery pack, the pump array likely mounts to an aluminum fin radiator with fan forced air while the fiber coupled head has the zoom lens and a cam on top for the viewer panel so the user can see the target......wonder how many watts ?

Photon Master

Yes truly amazing thanks for sharing. Stupid question - can you buy one of these bad boys? I wonder how much it would cost?

lt also leads me to think that when we have 500 watt handheld lasers they’ll be able to do stuff like that. With the caveat that you’d need the proper optics for focusing and all that.

I didn’t even realize you could focus an IR laser from 108 meters to burn stuff

Last edited:
It's a matter of coherence length, gas lasers, active fiber, YAG and dpss can have very good beam quality.
Hand held @ half a KW........we don't even have the batteries yet, not even ultra caps, not for a hand held format.

Photon Master

Ha yeah although 20 or 30 years ago no one would’ve believed that a 7 watt laser could be had for a few hundred $ and carried in your pocket.

I have some high powered flashlights that take high drain 21700s… the new Tesla 4680 cell might drive a 500 watt light