Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CO2 laser rifle optics... beam diammeter HELP!!!!

I have no idea bout the router, my buddy brought it over and asked if we use it for our surface mount class. I had other plans :eg: Yeah there are a few ways to do it, I know there are surplus range finders from m1 abhrams tanks that are surely quite accurate (powerful lasers in their own right) but I am not sure how I would implement it into the system. The wavelengths are so similar.
I'd recommend getting more familiar with lasers first. Those range finders are pulsed with a very low rep rate, as in seconds per pulse instead of pulses per second. The wavelength differs roughly a factor 10, not exactly similar (10,600nm vs 1,064nm).

Last edited:
I have no idea bout the router, my buddy brought it over and asked if we use it for our surface mount class. I had other plans :eg: Yeah there are a few ways to do it, I know there are surplus range finders from m1 abhrams tanks that are surely quite accurate (powerful lasers in their own right) but I am not sure how I would implement it into the system. The wavelengths are so similar.

Isn't the laser out of the m1 tank the ssy-1? If so yea, they are totally different animals.

I can't help the OP with the proper optics, but I just went on Google Shopping and searched for "Zinc Selenide Optics" and actually got results. LOL

The future is so much more cool, and yet so much more banal than anyone could have imagined...

I'd recommend getting more familiar with lasers first. Those range finders are pulsed with a very low rep rate, as in seconds per pulse instead of pulses per second. The wavelength differs roughly a factor 10, not exactly similar (10,600nm vs 1,064nm).

I was under the impression that the ssy-1's were nd:glass not YAG but they are indeed yag :( Those range finders were so cheap too.

What current are sending it?

North of 20mA. The tube is surely stressed. Not sure how much more but the power supply can supply to 30mA. The potentiometer is ramped up about a third past the mid way point., if its truly linear that puts it at exactly 20mA. my multimeter fizzled out so no way to know for sure.

I posted this over a year ago. One of the expanders for Starwarz gun!

ZnSe expander followed by a ZnSe PCX lens.

1944-co2-8.jpg

2394-co2-10.jpg

HMike

Last edited: