Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CNI Western Union Troubles

Hey guys,

Trying to send a payment to CNI and I have the page with all the information you need to send money.

Problem is, their account # is 22 digits(for US Dollars) IIRC and the WU websites only takes 19 of those digits so the complete number isn't in there. I feel it would be smarter to ask before clicking payment and having it sent somewhere else.

Thanks,
Alex

Last edited:

gozert

I honestly would avoid using Westernunion/Skrill. They both locked me out of my account after sending a payment, of which the money is still on one of the accounts. They just banned the accounts for illicit activities while I had not ever used it before.

Not sure if there's any other way to pay CNI though.

As for the lack of space for the 22 digits, I wouldn't risk leaving a couple out. You should probably contact CNI.

Last edited:
wow u dare sending payments of western union? i would never do that they have like zero protection if anything should go wrong.

D

Deleted member 16589

I would say hold off until a group buy and let someone who has done it before send the money. :beer:

^Hey guys, thanks for the help!

It was confusing and I decided to have it sent at an agent location to have it picked up. Just today I canceled the transaction by calling WU and requesting that no money be sent an emailed CNI about my canceling my order! I decided to go with LG in the end. Sure it costs a few more $'s but it's so much easier and less of a stressful experience :)

-Alex

gozert

I wonder how other people pay for CNI lasers. Does anyone have experience with doing this?

I wonder how other people pay for CNI lasers. Does anyone have experience with doing this?

I talked to the folks at WU and they told me there was previous payments to CNI and asked if I could use that account number to send the funds since the one on the website didn't work.

I talked to Yang at CNI and was told they would send the laser if I showed a receipt of payment sent(their bank was close for 2 days I was told) which I did and was then told they need to check the payment, which is weird because they told me they just want to see a receipt to confirm I sent the funds. CNI did this because their bank is closed on Feb 15-16th and their last shipping day before their holiday is Feb. 15th. So if I sent them the money to their bank they had no way of checking, so it was agreed a receipt was the only way to get it sent out on time.

After her telling me they needed to check the payment I just decided to go back to where I normally but my lasers, from LaserGlow(which is good since I support CNI in a way). I just wasn't feeling right having my $215 just hanging for 3 days somewhere I didn't know where it was.

That being said, it was a great relief going to LaserGlow's website, typing my card number and boom. Shipped out and picked up by UPS within 2 hours.

CNI is still a great company, and they took the time to answer all my questions so I'm not bashing them. Is just for me it didn't feel quite right :)

-Alex

Last edited:
Alex what did you order? and what were you looking at from CNI? New wavelength?? Do tell.

I'm going back to lower powered pens probably soon they just excite me more knowing the fun isn't so dangerous.

Alex what did you order? and what were you looking at from CNI? New wavelength?? Do tell.

I'm going back to lower powered pens probably soon they just excite me more knowing the fun isn't so dangerous.

Hey star,

I was looking at their PGL-III-A 405nm wavelength model :)
-Alex

Pman

I love lower powered pen type units but not that low. Still like to be able to do more than just see a colored dot although those are really quality units and should last forever. Most members know by now that I would agree with what starlight said. There's more than enough fun to be had with units around the 25-100mW range. Don't even know whtat o do with my high powered units other than keep them pretty in cases. That being said, I have no intention of getting rid of my "nasty" ones;)
Just the other day I blew up a helium balloon inside a clear helium balloon and popped the inner dark one with a 100mW $5 pen and have another one with just air in it just taunting me to pop the inner one on it too. Haven't tried the light the match inside the balloon trick yet but I'm sure I will.
Know others have started white paper on fire with their units but I haven't bothered. Haven't even turned on my 1.5W 520nm more than a few times before putting it away in its case. IK now I'm not the only one like this though. If I really feel the urge to see a strong one I just pull out a cheap $60 1W+ 445nm for a moment and then put it back away as I have so many bright 532nm anyways and 532nm doesn't get "old" for me like some people. Really need to sell some of mine at this point as they have served their purpose when I needed something to keep me busy instead of dwelling on pain issues.

Don't even know whtat o do with my high powered units other than keep them pretty in cases.

This is why I think the ultimate feature for a laser is for it to be dimmable - so you can have the lower power and high power laser in one! :beer:

Just the other day I blew up a helium balloon inside a clear helium balloon and popped the inner dark one with a 100mW $5 pen...

I have so many bright 532nm anyways and 532nm doesn't get "old" for me like some people. .

Thats a really fun idea Pete. I'll have to try that. It would be a fun riddle to pose to a person, how to pop the inside balloon without popping the outer. I might have to try that on some friends.

You know I feel the same way albeit much less time with lasers than you but I don't think the 532's will ever not excite me. Still hands down my most favorite laser spectrum.

I have a 1W 520 diode I have been planning on building into one of my GITD Krytons but decided against this last week. It felt it wasn't the right host for such a special diode. Instead I will order a single mode 520 for my RGB GITD Kryton set. For the 1W 52o from DTR I ordered my favorite host Mcrouse makes. The Tactical in olive drab powder coat. Who knows? Once I build it this may be my favorite laser but I think I will always have a soft spot for my the 532. I just received today a CNI PGL-III 532nm 800mW. Puts out an avg of 900mW. Im very happy with my purchase.

Last edited:
Just the other day I blew up a helium balloon inside a clear helium balloon and popped the inner dark one with a 100mW $5 pen and have another one with just air in it just taunting me to pop the inner one on it too. Haven't tried the light the match inside the balloon trick yet but I'm sure I will.
I have been wanting to do that but yet to find clear balloons and condoms are to expensive to use. I have lit firecrackers inside a sealed 2 liter bottle that was fun. I used a 6 inch piece of masking tape to dangle the firecracker from the top positioned in the middle of bottle.