Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cloud lamp.

I wonder how this would look with a blue laser added.

Cool Cloud Lamp!

Cool-Cloud-Lamp.jpg

I know we're into lasers here but it could also be lit up with
UV or Blue LEDs...

Jerry

Benm

Well, you need the lightbulb to provide heat to drive the motion in the liquid... you could -add- leds along the edge or a laser beam to the whole thing, but if you want to omit the lightbulb you need another way of heating the bottle.

Good find, now there will be another reason... for my girlfriend to think I've lost my mind, as I stand in the dollar store reading handsoap labels :thanks: :D

daguin

Good find, now there will be another reason... for my girlfriend to think I've lost my mind, as I stand in the dollar store reading handsoap labels :thanks: :D

It is one of the few ways that we can remain "mysterious" to them. Revel in it.

This is a very cool concept. Thanks for posting it. I have a few stange lamps and this looks like a cool project for grandkids ;)

Peace,
dave

I going to make one, probably with blue LEDs, and a wooden base. Do you think a 405nm could generate enough heat to get it moving?

I doubt a laser would generate enough heat...Like the guy was talking about a 50W bulb for being ideal.

I going to make one, probably with blue LEDs, and a wooden base. Do you think a 405nm could generate enough heat to get it moving?

Well... if you wanted to heat it with the waste heat from the diode, you'd need to run the diode at 5A minimum.

I going to make one, probably with blue LEDs,

Why not use a blue bulb or a clear bulb with a blue film? ...Or just blue food dye in the soap solution.