Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Closed

Re: Throwing stars!

Not to be mean but you might want to find a metal file. and a girding wheel. I own many knives, stars, and cards and they need to be sharp.
They look good but your competing against Ninja Gear Throwing Stars
I would like to see a pic of them cleaned up filed and sharpened and maybe a video of it in action.

Yeah this was more of a prototype I guess. Next time I'm going to sharpen it before I harden it, so it takes less time to file afterwards. If girding wheel means one of those huge stones that you turn with your feet/small motor, I've been wanting one of those for a while but never really got the money. And thanks! :D I'll make a video when it stops raining out.

Btw, I've looked at that site a few times, is the stuff there any good :eek:? I wanted to get a cheap sword from there once, didn't have any money for shipping so I just made my own. :) Which turned out cool.

i have bought many even modded some of them to be full tang, after it broke on me.
Stars are fun but every time i miss my cork board i spend 30 min fixing it, yay for the invention of cheap paneling.

Lol >.<

Well the rain stopped and I'm charging my phone battery, the video will be up in a while. :)

Alright, sorry if I seem like a total moron, but heres some (some because of my dial-up) of the video, I took it with my phone camera, it has a low resolution, which is why you can't see it flying. But you can still hear it hit.

VIDEO

No, I don't have abnormally large feet, those are just "mickey mouse" boots.

Benm

Not my weapon of choice really... if its sharpened you'd be at risk of injuring yourself too. If you ever do use it in a real life situation i suppose they'd count as deadly weapons carried, so you migh as well go for a firearm.

Yeah same with me, I don't like them sharpened mostly because you need gloves to throw them then, plus, they seem to slip more often, even with the bent tips. Buuuuuut, that seems how most people like them.