Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

!CLOSED!: THE "Skylaser" (laserBtB) groupbuy!

Coby

Infinitus: Yes mine did, and it still did last time I checked.

My laser should arrive tomorrow :D :wave: Going to call Fedex today that they can leave it at my door though, no one will be home tomorrow.

It's nice to see how fast the shipping actually is through Fedex compared to the "cheap" shipping. My laser is currently in France, Paris :D

@ Alexihupinhea -> your package is in the US
@ Blord -> you laser is reshipped via fedex

Thanks all ;)

I am quite glad it looks like this whole thing is resolving. The one thing that sort of scares me is the issue awillis2589 had with his laser that was identical to mine. Its going to be the first laser I LPM when I finally get mine. I don't know if I am just looking for problems but it looks almost as though the output wavers more than it used to as it mode hops while warming up. It has some pretty drastic fluctuations every time I go to use it and it is at room temperature. I will be hooking it up to my bench supply and powering it up under a controlled power source just to make sure its stable and see how badly fluctuations continue as it warms up. It does some serious mode hopping.

Don't worry until you put it on a lpm. Mode hopping says nothing about the power it outputs. Make sure you use AW IMR cells in these puppy's ;) My HL532 had fluctuations too. When i turned it on from a cold start it went bright then dim and after warming up bright again. It still did 500mW when warmed up..

greetings,

Robin

I am still happy with it even with the mode hopping. In fact I just did a warm up with it bench powered and it rapidly mode hopped for about 30 seconds and then settled down to nearly no hopping after just over a minute. This run was better than other runs I have done so I can be a little more at peace that it isn't getting worse.

Coby

I also have a little bit of fear that the laser might be underspec :eek: But I'm hoping for the best though. So far only one person got an underspec laser right?

I just had a chat with Fedex so they'll leave the package at my front door :D
Suspense is really killing me now :eek: According to their site the laser is still in Paris airport for "international shipment release - Import" since 4AM this morning

I also have a little bit of fear that the laser might be underspec :eek: But I'm hoping for the best though. So far only one person got an underspec laser right?

I just had a chat with Fedex so they'll leave the package at my front door :D
Suspense is really killing me now :eek: According to their site the laser is still in Paris airport for "international shipment release - Import" since 4AM this morning

Yep and that one was really overspec in the beginning. Nobody knows what happened with that laser :tinfoil: Anyway i would not worry ;)

greetings,,

So... I've been away for a few days... ;)

I got a PM with a fed ex tracking number from Robin for a package that was sent to and delivered to Newark CA. Is that someone here? I'm hoping he accidentally gave me a tracking number to someone else and that it wasn't my laser sent somewhere wrong...

As of right now, I still have no laser and no money. I'm thinking that part of it may be my fault for being away from the forum for a week or so, but I still am wondering how this went so wrong for a few of us...

Anyway, I'll wait for Robin to PM me and let me know what is up and why I got a fed ex number for a package that was delivered yesterday to Newark CA and I am in South Carolina. Maybe it is a simple mistake and I got someone else's number, but I am starting to worry right now.

Last edited:
Sweet! Now you got two lasers instead of one! You are soo lucky even tho the other one is underspec it is still an awesome laser! I will ask kevin if you can keep the laser or he wants it back.

I hope kevin provides other tracking numbers soon!

Greetings,

Robin

EDIT: Tsteele93 got his laser, and Coby you will get it tomorrow! :beer:

Hmm, just saw this... I hate to say it but I have not gotten a laser. The tracking number you sent me was for CA - not sure who that one went to? Any idea what address it was sent to? Maybe it was someone here who would be honest and send it on? Maybe an address got screwed up and it went to someone else in the group buy?

Not sure how that would have happened. Kevin should have had my address from the first time, correct?

Very frustrated right now.

Robin, if you could check the package that was supposedly delivered to me and see what the address was and compare it to my mailing address in South Carolina and see if we can figure out what happened?

Thanks...

:(

EDIT: Robin just PM'd me and is checking into it right now.. very fast response - thanks Robin!

Last edited:
Something went wrong here. I got Tsteele his correct adress and so is kevin. Probably someone else got his laser now. I allready emailed kevin and i hope that he responds asap to this really weird issue.

greetings,,

EDIT: No problem ;) If only kevin was as fast as me ;) I had to mail kevin anyway to ask Blord his FEDEX number. Also please relax ;) I am doing everything i can to resolve this as quick as i can ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Robin, it appears that the laser was delivered to a C. Luna in Newark CA. Is that anyone here? How strange... I don't understand how he could ship to me in SC and end up with it going to California. I can't imagine Fed Ex doing that, it almost seems like he had to mislabel the shipment for it to do that?

I'll stand down for now and let you do your magic with Kevin. I'm one of those people that hates this sort of thing, not just for myself, but I can't understand how it can be profitable for Kevin to have to reship via fed ex a bunch of lasers...

So it pains me for his side of the deal even though it isn't my fault or problem. In my perfect world, this would work out with him making a fair profit and me getting a fair deal on a laser. Instead, it seems like I end up worrying if I will ever get my laser and I think Kevin is losing money sending lasers to people all over the place! It stresses me out. I'm gonna go take a Xanax. Or you can tell Kevin just to ship me a huge package of percocets and we will be even. ;) LOL.

Hey,

I have absolutely no idea who C. luna is.. I sent this mail to kevin 30 minutes ago:

Hey kevin,

We have a problem with the FEDEX laser of xxxx(Tsteele)!

You gave me this number:

545309438***

It says it is delivered in newark??? That is not correct. Paul thomas did not receive anything.. Please verify to what adress you shipped this is his adress:

xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx

This is the same adress as in our word file.. Also what is blord his tracking number?

Let me know asap!

- Robin

So yeah FEDEX shipping for one laser can run up to 70€ so profitable for kevin, no.. Not our problem but yes it is a shame for him :( He is just trying to save his image by trying to reship everything. But then again that is the risk of a new method of shipping!

greetings,,

Lets just hope for Kevin and tsteele's sake that he just gave you the wrong number and the laser is still on its way.

Yeah, I hate to think he sent it to a wrong address and is out a laser and fedex shipping. But I also hate knowing that I paid for a laser quite a while ago and the excitement of getting a nice laser has been replaced with the anxiousness of not knowing what is going on...

Hopefully it will all end well and this will just be a speed bump. I'm fortunate in that I wasn't on a specific schedule with this laser and didn't NEED it so to speak. But I was excited about getting it and adding it to my collection.

I also feel bad that Robin has so much hassle to deal with in this whole thing!

I'm still crossing my fingers that it will all work out.