Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[CLOSED] Starting gas for a pretty good price

Yeah. I don't think he needed to be banned. But the only way to know would be for cold to verify names and up addresses in the log.

Cool beans. Just out of curiosity what is the output on each of those HeNes?

The 594.1 was claimed to be 3mw IIRC by the seller. I tried to measure it on my laserbee but being TEC based it's hard to get accurate low powered measurements. Need to get my Opir head set up with a Rubicon LPM soon. Using my Eyeball Mk I. LPM it looks to be about the same as my other 594 tube which is 3mw.

The 1145P measured at at steady 23mw. The beam from it in a dark room is a thing of beauty. One of these days I need to get my soldering stuff out again so I can attach a permanent power cable for its PSU.

IIRC you measured the tube I got from this GB at .65mw if my notes are right.

Mine came out to be 0.57mW. It may not be the higher power ones, but it is still a cute thing of beauty.

Yeah they all were really close. And I was just curious, as my 1145P does 25mW :) the other does 21-22 I believe. They're nice tubes for the price. I'm selling my spare, hopefully someone buys it soon so I can get some money back in the bank. Might be able to get some interesting things with some spare cash.

Got mine in the mail today. Opened the box to find this:

HqemHyll.jpg

:( :( :(

I hate the postal service. The box is perfectly fine, but the tube is shattered. Its like they took it out of the box and smashed it, then put it back in.

A perfectly good HeNe tube ruined because apparently postal service just tosses peoples stuff around carelessly.

Now what?

ouch. I'm not sure how it works for international shipments but USPS Priority mail has $50 insurance by default.

Whats the worst is that he packaged it really well, so they really had to treat it like shit when shipping it for this to happen.

Got mine in the mail today. Opened the box to find this:

HqemHyll.jpg

:( :( :(

I hate the postal service. The box is perfectly fine, but the tube is shattered. Its like they took it out of the box and smashed it, then put it back in.

A perfectly good HeNe tube ruined because apparently postal service just tosses peoples stuff around carelessly.

Now what?

:( :(

Stupid postal service...you would think they could be at least a TINY bit careful!

Last edited:
I've got a few spares. I'll work up sending you another. I'll also get with the post office and file a claim for the broken one.

Man, that's a damned shame. Mine was packed well and got here with no issues at all. I guess it doesn't matter how well you pack it, someone will find a way to destroy it.

well, and the glass is pretty thin. so it doesn't take much to break it, even with padding. but that's why i sent it insured :)

Okay. Thanks UK!

Hopefully the next one arrives unscathed. I was really looking forward to seeing that awesome orangish-pink glow.

This is how I picture the delivery process went:

Last edited: