Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLOSED Mohgasm.com $20 Jad Kits

Re: Mohgasm.com $20 Jad Kits

I got my shipping confirmation, today. thanks for letting me squeak through on my late order, Mo.

Holy $H1T that was Fast! Got mine today I gotta order my diode now I was not expecting to get it this quick. by the way this thing is put together very very nicely. Thank you

I just received mine but i have a doubt. hWere should I connect the case pin?

You don't have to connect the case pin, but if you do, it will also be the negative wire.

Does this heatsink sit behind the bezel or come out flush with the bezel?

D

Deleted member 37156

Is this something I can install a 12mm ebay moldule in? Thanks, Rick

ohhhh. no it won't.

What you want to do is to just buy a regular blank C6 host from dealextreme.com or some other website, and then go to CajunLasers.com and buy the heat sink.

When you get the host, take everything out, including the driver pill so it's just one empty body.

put the module in the heat sink and you should have enough room for a single 16340 (CR123) battery.

So you just need to buy the blank host, and that module.

I have not actually done this, so the measurements may not add up....
I think if anything, you'd end up with TOO much room for a single CR123.

My caliper's battery is dead or i'd measure it out for you.

Last edited:
Hey moh, you know these kits, is it possible to dissasemble the pill? Like take the driver out and unsolder and such. I say this because when I get a diode with the leads soldered on, it makes a unclean build when I have a solder joint between 2 wires, so I was thinking opening the driver section and soldering directly to that with the diode wires, to make it look clean :) Is that posisble, or is it glued down?

It's press fit & glued down because of the heat sink and arctic silver.
You'd be lucky to disassemble it without breaking something. I normally have to use a vice to pop it out.

When you go to pop it out, the driver normally pops out before that brass ring does, which rips off the LD- pad of the driver because it's soldered to the brass ring.

I'm not a big fan of the solder joints either. Normally when I get a diode from DTR, I end up desoldering the leads from the diode itself and reattaching it to the driver's leads. I use nail clippers to remove the shrink tubing...

Last edited:
Ah, I see, well its no matter, just wanted to know as a way to improve my builds, but no worries :beer:

D

Deleted member 37156

Do you know of a host that has a side clicky button? Rick