Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLOSED GITD Laser Shirts AGAIN!

Re: GITD Laser Shirts AGAIN!

Question, can we send in our own blank tshirts or polos to be imprinted?

I can send a brand new polo for example, or pre-washed, or dry cleaned.

Question, can we send in our own blank tshirts or polos to be imprinted?

I can send a brand new polo for example, or pre-washed, or dry cleaned.

Hmm... I suppose that would be ok, but I hesitate for one reason: SOMETIMES the printing gets messed up and ruins a shirt... when I order from my printer, they get me a new one no problem. If it's a special item that you send in, I can't replace it and wouldn't want to be responsible for something like that.

If you MUST do it and agree that IF by chance it gets ruined, I can't be held responsible... but I'd feel terrible.

Hmm... I suppose that would be ok, but I hesitate for one reason: SOMETIMES the printing gets messed up and ruins a shirt... when I order from my printer, they get me a new one no problem. If it's a special item that you send in, I can't replace it and wouldn't want to be responsible for something like that.

If you MUST do it and agree that IF by chance it gets ruined, I can't be held responsible... but I'd feel terrible.

I'm ok with taking the risk. It would be one of these, but white: Men's Magnum® Rapid Deployment Nano Tec Polo - 213634, Tactical Clothing at Sportsman's Guide

Ask them if it makes the imprint hold better, if it's washed before, or dry cleaned? Or I think I still have one or two just sealed. Bought a bunch when they were on clearance, and love them for the fact that they dry out really really fast.

rhd

I don't think there would be a problem. Let me double check with the printer to make sure it's ok.

Then can I send some pajama / sweat pants? That would be awesome!

How much is just the printing if we send our own items? Because if is reasonable, I'd send a couple in. If memory serves from the days when I used to order screen printed shirts, the fixed cost is getting the screen made. That gets cheaper per item, the more items you order, but usually the cost of the shirts or items doesn't scale too much with volume. In other words, having or own items printed probably still helps us hit volume targets, even though we're not buying the items themselves through the printer.

Hmm, I'll consider a polo or long sleeve. And its not super necessary to get a picture of the hoodie. I think I'll just go get something thicker for the upcoming below freezing weather. (Yes, even on this blazing hot beach it gets freezing cold sometimes).

Thanks anyway! And I'll let ya know if I decide to pick up something from the GB.

Ask them if it makes the imprint hold better, if it's washed before, or dry cleaned? Or I think I still have one or two just sealed. Bought a bunch when they were on clearance, and love them for the fact that they dry out really really fast.

Printer said it doesn't matter if it's been washed or not - unless you expect it to shrink... then you want it to be done growing/shrinking. :)

Then can I send some pajama / sweat pants? That would be awesome!

How much is just the printing if we send our own items? Because if is reasonable, I'd send a couple in. If memory serves from the days when I used to order screen printed shirts, the fixed cost is getting the screen made. That gets cheaper per item, the more items you order, but usually the cost of the shirts or items doesn't scale too much with volume. In other words, having or own items printed probably still helps us hit volume targets, even though we're not buying the items themselves through the printer.

I suppose you can send in some pajamas/sweatpants... but I'll warn you, the bright glow may keep you awake! You are correct, the screen is the fixed cost and the way these are printed take about $12 of glow in the dark ink (one print of white ink for a solid background, and then he does 2 or 3 layers of the semi transparent glow in the dark ink. I was really surprised how thick he lays this stuff on...

Oh... sweatpants may not have a big enough area for the back design... and you'd have to let me know where you want the laser the symbol... it works best NOT over a seam. (sorry, no crotch lasers or butt crack lasers) :crackup:

Sending your own items will help the cost per item... well, for me anyways. I've made it a flat rate so you guys don't have to worry about it. The cost was based on something like 30 items? I can't remember how I did it, but I come pretty close to breaking even (I didn't start this to make money. I started it to have a reason to make some sweet shirts for the community and myself!).

Hmm, I'll consider a polo or long sleeve. And its not super necessary to get a picture of the hoodie. I think I'll just go get something thicker for the upcoming below freezing weather. (Yes, even on this blazing hot beach it gets freezing cold sometimes).

Thanks anyway! And I'll let ya know if I decide to pick up something from the GB.

I may get a picture of the hoodie anyways.. Just let me know what you want before the end! If I'm missing specifics on anyone's order, I'll PM ya... though I would rather not have to spend as much time tracking everyone's decisions down.

:thanks:

Since we're making everything all complicated :) , can we do hats?

lol you know what? I'm not going to say we can't... because we CAN, BUT, printing on hat usually doesn't work super well... We could do glow in the dark embroidery, however, that gets really pricey... really pricey... I'll ask and see if the printer has a decent printing on hat operation though if you want.

EDIT: Got word back from the printer. Can't print on hats, and doesn't have GITD thread.

Last edited:

Printer said it doesn't matter if it's been washed or not - unless you expect it to shrink... then you want it to be done growing/shrinking. :)

I guess I'll wash just to be on the safe side.

How much is it to imprint a tshirt/polo?

I guess I'll wash just to be on the safe side.

How much is it to imprint a tshirt/polo?

So, the cost for ink on these is $16. I'm charged $8 per side for the white underlay and glow in the dark on top of it. (doesn't matter that the back actually has a ton more ink...)

rhd

So, the cost for ink on these is $16. I'm charged $8 per side for the white underlay and glow in the dark on top of it. (doesn't matter that the back actually has a ton more ink...)

What if we just want the laser radiation logo?