Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLOSED GB: Heatsinks for Black & Decker Host

Hey guys!
I ran across this host at wal-mart that I love. It's only $10 and it's pretty awesome (I think)

It will be made for a flex drive and 2xAA batteries.

All the threads on it are real smooth, It's made of hard plastic with an inner metal shell, So it's very durable and can be used with case-negative diodes.

The front is hard plastic that unscrews to expose a metal "Pill"
This pill holds the stock LED and driver. The stock driver can be stripped and used for the positive contact point with with plenty of room left for the flex drive.

It's got a clip built onto the side of the host. You'll either love that or hate it....

The heat sink will be machined aluminum with a 1.5mm hex set screw for your module.

The stock metal "pill" has two notches cut on the top of each side of it so i may check if the heat sinks can be made with tabs on the end to slide into those notches, making it impossible for the heat sink to twist in order to protect the lead wires.

I'll enclose some pictures of the host to give you an idea. I think this would be a very simple build and i think it's a nice looking host.

I need a minimum of 10 heat sink orders to go through with this. when or if we get 10 pieces ordered, i'll have them made.
It usually take about a week to have them made + 2-3 days shipping from me to you.

If your wal-mart isn't carrying these, I can include one or two or however many.

I can also pre-strip the flashlight stock driver, So all you've got to do is connect your case-negative module to your flex drive, and then solder the + lead on your driver to the stock flashlight driver, pop it all in and your done.

You'll need to get your own 1.5mm hex wrench to tighten the set screw though (precision screw driver will work too)

Prices...
Heat sinks: $15 ea.
Flashlights: $13 ea. (They are $10 at wal-mart, the extra $2 is to cover tax and shipping)
Pre-stripped ect.. : $5

I no longer build lasers. I don't even have my tools anymore so please don't ask me to assemble any lasers for you.

Like I said, if ten people show interest i'll go get these made. I'll also get some more pictures of the inner parts of that metal pill, and how to get to the stock driver ect....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 204
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 210
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 208
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 218
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 212
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 206
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

Re: GB: Heatsinks for Black & Decker Host

Reserved for interest tracking...

Re: GB: Heatsinks for Black & Decker Host

I'll scrap this idea....no interest.

i know...i had saw the 445nm threads and had assumed it was some 20mW diode.....

i was poorly mistaken!

The temptation is SSOOOO great....but right now I am staying strong and saying NO.....have to save $ for paramedic school

Stay strong my brotha...

black-power.jpg