Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[CLOSED]Anyone want Large helium neon lasers?

Ok, not so much a group buy....but kinda.....I recently found a decent deal on some of the very large 28" red HeNe laser heads. specs are below, and I could ship them at cost to interested members. Price is 175 + shipping.

There are 4 available...anyone interested?

specs:
model: Uniphase 1145P
output: 21mW (rated) linearly polarized
size: about 28" long
power: 3800VDC @ 6.5mA suggested by manufacturer
complete head with shutter and a short male Alden at the end.

update: got mine today, so i'll post a review of it. Quite a beast for $175.00 + shipping

Last edited:

Re: Anyone want Large helium neon lasers?

Do these HeNe's come with power supplies? Are they plug and play straight out of the box? Will they come with a housing or are they just bare tube?

Not interested but some of the requested info may help your mini GB.

No it's just the tube, but as a complete head. they're likely recovered from an old lab. I've not been told the source, but that at this time they are all working and tested, but the outputs not measured. I was going to put that down and I must've forgot. I typed the post up at work on my break and so I was a bit time limited. most large tubes go for far more than this, so its a pretty good deal. I'm thinking I'll pick one up, but obviously the more I order, then the cheaper we get them. Probably aiming at 170 or so a tube. sadly power supplies for these are scarce, as usually they are sold as a set from the manufacturer. I the appropriate lab supply I can run mine on, but it was 300 bucks. I know there are places that sell the bricks for these individually for less than that. and they do come up on ebay once in a while. i think I saw one recently for fairly cheap. it wouldn't be a 'works out of the box' buy. it'd require some patience, but larger tubes like this showing up in great working shape are pretty uncommon. I'm not hung up on giving them out, I just thought I'd see if anyone else was looking for this sort of thing, maybe for holograms or similar because of the much longer coherence length and higher power.

Last edited:

updated OP, will show off the pics later after I find my extention alden so I can move it around a bit more easily.

edit: nevermind...looks like someone snatched all four up. :( guess I snagged mine just in time.

Last edited: