Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Clicky switches

CDDZ

Tried to search it, but did not do much good. I guess I will be asking for opinions. What type of "clicky" switch seems to be best suited for a higher current build, say 1.8A? Also, where would be the best place to get them?

Regards,
Chad

I just checked my 1.6W build and it is pulling ~8.2 watts.... :eek:
None of these clickies will last forever but I think DX has a couple to choose from.

Last edited:

DrSid

Well most people use led torch light host .. which comes with appropriate switch from the start ..

Tried to search it, but did not do much good. I guess I will be asking for opinions. What type of "clicky" switch seems to be best suited for a higher current build, say 1.8A? Also, where would be the best place to get them?

Regards,
Chad

That seems to be the million dollar question. Lots of threads on clickies if you search. The ones from DealExtreme and in the Kryton appear to only be good to about 1A. Then meltdown.

As previously mentioned, if you are committed to a host, find one that supports a higher current to start with and you will avoid the problem.

Lots of people are looking and attempting to find something better to work for the Krytons, but no good answers yet.

One member is modding some to handle more power.

CDDZ

That seems to be the million dollar question. Lots of threads on clickies if you search. The ones from DealExtreme and in the Kryton appear to only be good to about 1A. Then meltdown.

As previously mentioned, if you are committed to a host, find one that supports a higher current to start with and you will avoid the problem.

Lots of people are looking and attempting to find something better to work for the Krytons, but no good answers yet.

One member is modding some to handle more power.

I machine all my own hosts. I have many 2A switches here, but they are only momentary. Maybe I was using the wrong keyword to search the forum :whistle:

Last edited: