Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cleaning laser lense?

I got a DX 5mw, I've had it maybe two weeks, and I lately I've noticed that around the dot, there is a fairly large(around 4-5 inches in diameter, with the laser about a foot from a wall) circle of green speckles. I'm guessing its dust, as I have no noticed it before. Is there any possible way to clean this dust off without taking the head off the laser? Or is that the only option?

Skram0

Almost sounds like a reflection from the inner tube or something. Can you see dust on the outside of it, maybe using a magnifying glass? Do you have some rubbing alcohol and a q-tip? Do think it's inside, how would dust get inside the head.

Try this:
Get a few q-tips... put windex/lens cleaner on one swab.
Tear off MOST but NOT ALL off the cotton on 2 new q tips.
This should fit inside the aperture.
Dab the first torn q tip in the one with lens cleaner/windex on it.
Use this to lightly clean the dust off the lens...
and use the second torn q tip (keep it dry!) to dry off the remaining lens cleaner/windex.
do this as many times as it takes to get the best results!

I do this for any lasers that have a tiny aperture or doesn't have a removable cap. But be careful, if you take off too much cotton the paper/plastic stick on the q tip can scratch the lens. And it works perfectly fine.

I'm sleepy.

well it really wasn't working well, so I just pulled the tip out, and cleaned the lense more easily :-/

LarryQ

One word my friend.....

LENSPEN

www.lenspen.com

MicroPro is the one you want.

There is a review of the lenspen in the review section...well worth the 15 bucks!!!!

Larry

Cept the lenspen wont fit without doing a little "modding to it", ill take some pics in a few minutes so you can see what i did to mine, it can clean the lense of a my true 5 without having to take the cap off.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

In response to this  [smiley=smiley_up.gif]

Here is my lenspen micro-pro compared to a cell klear so you can see what the origanal diameter of the shaft was, it can now easily clean any true lasers from dx without taking the top off.  All i did was take a knife and slim it down then took scissors and made the tip smaller to so it would clean better.

I have yet to sand it so it is still very rough looking.

...lazer.. ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• lenspen.jpg
    lenspen.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 192