Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Clarksburg, MD -- Your Up :)

Just a thought. Do you think you could refurb that thing and sell it to a hospital, or university? Even if you had to spend 2k, that thing sells for $97,000.

daguin

Just a thought. Do you think you could refurb that thing and sell it to a hospital, or university? Even if you had to spend 2k, that thing sells for $97,000.

No it doesn't.

It sells for $0.99 (plus freight)

This is last generation technology. They don't want last year's refurbished stuff. In this country especially, they demand the latest tech available.

Maybe if you made it 100% and then took it to a third world country . . . .

Peace,
dave

Trevor

That wouldn't be a bad drive if I was in Richmond and not Blacksburg. :(

-Trevor

45 minute drive from my house! :D I justttt might check in tommorrow to see what the bid is at, and BUY IT :)

-Jakob

does it contain anything interesting from dissection? :> read a manual. it seems to have a lot of light filters. and mention of an ion laser.

I won this laser :) Although it says the winning bid is $0.99, I am actually giving the guy $80 for it. It will be picked up on Wednesday morning. I might need a little help from the forum with the disassembling of the unit and extraction the laser. Will post in the gas lasers section when I get it.

-Jakob

I won this laser :) Although it says the winning bid is $0.99, I am actually giving the guy $80 for it. It will be picked up on Wednesday morning. I might need a little help from the forum with the disassembling of the unit and extraction the laser. Will post in the gas lasers section when I get it.

Neat! :)

Don't forget to give us lotsa pics!

Just remember it takes 220v (or something around there) so you'll need to plug it in where your washing machine is/was.

Thats BS, how did he con you into that?

Well, I am guessing that he was an eBay nub and didn't know how to set a minimum bid. The moment I won the auction I messaged him about contacting him for the pickup. He replied with something about how it will cost him $60 in gas alone for him to pick up the sequencer from a garage etc...
I figure it like this... I'd rather have a DNA Sequencer/Argon Laser and $80 less, than no sequencer at all :p

Just remember it takes 220v (or something around there) so you'll need to plug it in where your washing machine is/was.

Thanks for the reminder, that might have caused me a LOT of trouble... I'll try to find a 220V plug in my house.

-Jakob