Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

cheapest laser for burner

hello i am new with lasers, but does anyone know of a safe and cheap laser for simple burning

csshih

yes, it is crazy AND illegal. you should probably leave this forum that talks about illegal lasers -- what if the cops backtrace ur IP to your house?!

CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME~

edit; erk. this was a response to some spammer asking if burning lasers were illegal. his post has since been deleted so, joke isn't funny anymore :(

Last edited:
:huh:

Palm, you would likely be satisfied with the Deal Extreme 200mw red laser.
It was my first and I have had a lot of fun with it.
Pops ballons, lights matches, etc.
The price is good too, don't forget your cr2 batteries and charger for them.
Its a good idea to grab a pair of laser goggles for red too. This thing can cause permanent damage to your eyes INSTANTLY.
Play safe bro. Might be a good idea to post in the welcome section ;).
Welcome to LPF

csshih

hello i am new with lasers, but does anyone know of a safe and cheap laser for simple burning

haha ok, I had my fun.

a burning laser is inherently *not* safe, if it can burn things, one hit to the eye, and whammo, damage. :cryyy: to avoid that, it's best to invest in a pair of laser goggles -- be sure it's from a good source and blocks the correct wavelength.

I'm sure other members know deals better than I! ;)

MojoLA

You can burn things with matches much more easily and cheaply than with a laser.

A cheap, high power laser is not a good or safe combination - especially for someone with no experience and who only wants a laser to burn things with!

Morgan

^ There you go again with your, "Don't buy burning lasers", preaching... This written by someone who's first inexperienced order was a cheap 1W 445nm from a company with questionable ethics! You should really stop the hypocrisy. As you are so fond of your right to do whatever the hell you like; don't be trying to tell this guy what he should or should not be buying, it's his choice. Let's remember that matches are inherently unsafe too, shall we, and should also be used with caution!

If you have no advice to offer on his request for a cheap, burning laser then don't comment.

@ palm12341 - The options given above are good ones. Check out the, "Reviews", and, "Companies", sections for more info. You might also want to look here for a kit you can build if that's what you might want to try. They are cheap and you will have assembled it yourself! Here's a link - Laser Hosts and Laser Kits - Items - OdicForce Lasers Online Shop - I personally would recommend you go for the 3rd one down and go look for a LPC-815 diode/sled from that site or from someone here. Getting one from that site means all would turn up together of course. Punch the company name into the search box and it should turn up a few reviews too.

Remember that you NEED to buy yourself some goggles to protect yourself when working close up, and to prevent accidental exposure when not, and be aware that you have a responsibility to others that may be around you when using high power lasers.

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the, "Welcome", section too so you can tell us a little about yourself.

Good luck,

M
:)

Last edited: