Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cheap Safety Goggles Destructive Test: Uvex S0360X Ultra-spec 2000

Do you know about any similar spec eywear y tried buying the ones in the link but they wont ship to spain and I dont understand to much about these specs

I am likely going to start stocking and selling these goggles and offering international shipping. We shall see.

I will look into how feasible this might be for me. I would be able to offer a little assurance that I can do some quality testing on each pair with my lasers and LPM. IDK, it depends on how interested people would be in it...

I've been through 7-8 of these goggles, not counting the destroyed ones, I still have 2-3 left. So far they have all performed exactly the same.

They aren't quite a good as eagle pair (very close imo), and certainly not like the OEM ARG goggles... but than they're under $10.

If you're looking into this, take a look at, and also test uvex shade 5.0.

I'm not organized enough to resell them as a business... but if you do, all the best of luck, and I think there would be some interest, specifically from europe and basically everything south of the US, where amazon doesn't ship.

i received these goggle few minute ago from amazon, i tested them and the dot is really bright ... on black surface it's ok but dot on white surface it's very bright for me, i don't know if it's safe.
i thought DOT will be slighly visible with these goggle.

what test can i do on these goggle to be sure they are ok ?

thanks

Can you post a picture of the goggles you're using please?

The dot still does appear to be quite bright, but orange/yellow in color instead of blue with the goggles.

Unfortunately no way to really test the goggles without a laser power meter.

I find the UVEX S360X goggles, when used with my 3W 445nm leave a yellow/greenish dot that is very similar in brightness to a 10mW 532nm. At ranges of <1ft I can view the dot on pure white paper and not leave any glare lines in my vision at all. The goggles themselves should be vivid orange and should actually fluoresce slightly themselves when you are using a laser(405-532nm) at close range. If your goggles are not performing like this then there is something wrong with them or you got the wrong ones accidentally.

Uvex S0360X
626133265ecca605c6ea06ab86442.jpg

DOT throught goggle
0cf2d04f5e7d2173e06cefa9f2aa2.jpg

Goggle spec
9fb8b2b0cb96671af922dd76a092d.jpg

and my laser is a ~2w 445nm from DTR

Last edited:
Well, based on that, everything does appear to be in order. That's what the dot looks like to me at least.

The goggles I tested in the OP are the same, and I did my tests with a 2-2.4W laser. My main reason for asking for the pictures was to make sure you didn't get a different set of goggles.

Even with goggles on the laser dot will appear quite bright.

When all is said and done, only way to really be sure, is to either buy certified, or use an LPM to verify. The Uvex I feel are a better option than nothing, and a better option than many so called $5 chinese laser goggles.