Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

cheap laser cases?

Hey guys- A while (maybe a long time) ago there was a thread on what cases people used to hold lasers. Certain people had TONS of pelican cases full of laser equipment. Anyway, since I'm moving and I'm going to spend about a month without most of my stuff, I wanted to get a case for my single remaining portable laser :yh:, batteries, charger, tools, replacement parts etc. and I don't want to spend $80 on a really fancy pelican case or something. So does anyone know of some affordable, decent quality cases (hopefully with foam) that can fit a laser and some extras? Thanks!

I use a soft sided CD case. Works well, and its cheap.

Last edited:
I looked on ebay, but I couldn't find much. Usually ebay is the place to go for cheap rip-offs. I've found a company that appears to be cheap but is very vague on the shipping charge so I'm contacting them. We'll see how it goes. Anyone else have any good ideas?

daguin

Look at make-up cases, pistol cases, art supply cases, "professional" tool cases.

Make-up cases and pistol cases are my favorites. The sizes are very close to perfect

Peace,
dave

Wow dave! I found a really nice pistol case with foam for $8 shipped w/amazon prime! it's plenty big enough to hold a few lasers and some extras, and looks good too. It's padlockable if there are kids around. It should be here wednesday. Pistol cases appear to be the way to go.

Wow dave! I found a really nice pistol case with foam for $8 shipped w/amazon prime! it's plenty big enough to hold a few lasers and some extras, and looks good too. It's padlockable if there are kids around. It should be here wednesday. Pistol cases appear to be the way to go.

well i just got a pistol case off ebay for 11.00 shipped ..very nice !!!!

check it out-my case came today, and I really went macguyver on the foam. I made a ghetto foam cutting setup by hooking some nichrome wire to the 3.3v rail of a PSU. I was using about a quarter of an ohm, and 3.3^2/.25=43.56 watts=six hundred degree cheese wire :D I shaped the wire and cut the foam, and it released this awful acrid smoke, so I busted out the 3M paint mask. Problem solved... my eyes are a bit red though :( I took some pics for you guys... as you can see it's lockable but I lost the key so I have to pick it every time I want it open :crackup:

the bottle is some AR safe lens cleaner I got today, awesome stuff. As you can see it holds an extra battery, two chargers, the laser, lens cleaner, microfiber+q-tip and goggles, as well as a spacer magnet, thing for an aixiz lens and heatsink set screw bit with plenty of room to spare.

And as a side note, I was just going over the math in my head and I came up with the equation watts=v^2/r. Is this correct?

Attachments

• CIMG2063.JPG
    CIMG2063.JPG
    194.4 KB · Views: 396
  • CIMG2064.JPG
    CIMG2064.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 629
  • CIMG2065.JPG
    CIMG2065.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 115
Wow I wasn't even thinking about getting a case till I saw this thread and now I am gonna get one. Good question and thread. :topic:

Wow I wasn't even thinking about getting a case till I saw this thread and now I am gonna get one. Good question and thread. :topic:
Thanks! I probably never would have gotten a case but since I won't be in my own house for a month, I needed something to carry a laser (and all my cash, so the padlock hole was a plus :whistle:). BTW my case is Amazon.com: Plano Protector Single Pistol Case: Sports &… . It's not very high quality (ABS plastic I think) but it gets the job done.