Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

cheap IR filter

No actually it's exactly what I want. I want to try to capture IR with my digital camera. :)

You have to remove the IR blocking filter i9n the camera for the film trick to work well. Just take out the IR blocking filter, glue the film in it's place and you have yourself an IR camera.

IR cameras like IR lasers ;)

Attachments

• 15000011_001.JPG
    15000011_001.JPG
    301.3 KB · Views: 222
Cool pic! Actually I have some old digital camera's I can tweak for this purpose. Wouldn't the effectiveness of the film wear in time?

Petrovski said:
Cool pic! Actually I have some old digital camera's I can tweak for this purpose. Wouldn't the effectiveness of the film wear in time?
I'm not sure if the effectiveness of the film drops over time, but every digital camera I have modded still works, I modded one a year ago and it still works just a good as when I first modded it.

diachi

Can I do this with my camera phone, it picks up IR ( I did the TV remote test ;D )

Thats probably a really stupid question ;D

Diachi

Diachi said:
Can I do this with my camera phone, it picks up IR ( I did the TV remote test ;D )

Thats probably a really stupid question ;D

Diachi
Yeah you can, but you will have to take apart your phone to take out the IR filter and put in the film.

diachi

It has no IR filter, can I not just attach the film over the front lens ?

Diachi

DiachiLaser said:
It has no IR filter, can I not just attach the film over the front lens ?

Diachi
How do you know that it doesn't have a filter? Even with a filter it can let some IR light through. But if you are positive that it doesn't have an IR filter, you can just put the film over the lens.